• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Really confused

Loulou04

Reaction score
Hi ladies I’m 33 weeks pregnant and yesterday I was in a lot of pain thinking I was going into labour (felt like contractions, this is my 3rd so know what to expect) my OH rang hospital and we went in as baby was very quiet that morning too, I was still having the pains but they checked me over and did a test to see how likely I was to go into labour for next 2 weeks and that came back negative (I won’t) but I’m still getting the pains they are not regular but they are definitely more painful than Braxton-Hicks and feel like contractions to me. I’m just confused as to why I’m getting such strong pains but no sign of labour. Has this happened to anyone else? As I don’t think I can go 7 weeks with these pains. Sorry for the long post I’m just really confused about what’s going on

I had some bad pains over the past few days (38 weeks today) but they stopped and I haven’t felt anything today or yesterday. I think your body can prepare early (start effacing and dilating) without actually going into full blown labour until baby is ready. I had a prostaglandin gel with my son to help me dilate because my waters were broken and I wasn’t going into labour - the pains I’ve been having feel exactly like I felt with that gel in, and that was my early dilation (1-4cm)

I’ve woken up to no pain so far so fingers crossed it stays that way. Hopefully you start to progress soon and have your little bubba (how exciting). I have to say even the nurses thought I was having contractions but my cervix was closed thank god! I was literally shaking thinking he was coming early but luckily he’s staying put for now x

I had exactly this at 30 weeks! The test for me came back positive and had to spend time on hospital getting steroids and other medication. 35 weeks now and he still isn't here anyway lol! But definitely contractions have ramped up on and off for a week or two, but stop as quick as they started! This is my 3rd to and apparently 3rd babies like to play tricks on us, which is definitely true in my case!

I had exactly this at 30 weeks! The test for me came back positive and had to spend time on hospital getting steroids and other medication. 35 weeks now and he still isn't here anyway lol! But definitely contractions have ramped up on and off for a week or two, but stop as quick as they started! This is my 3rd to and apparently 3rd babies like to play tricks on us, which is definitely true in my case!
Pains have gone now for me thank god, I don’t think I could’ve gone another 7 weeks with those pains so I feel for you! Hopefully your little bubba doesn’t leave you hanging on too long as I’ve just seen your fully engaged too so you must be so ready. My little monster is still breech so I really hope he turns soon but he seems pretty comfortable where he is : ( I really don’t want to have to have a c section

Yes hun hes fully engaged now and boyyyyy do I feel it!!! Still getting on off contractions however I've had just ONE today! Like what the hell :rofl: 4 weeks left on Saturday I am so done! All the stop starting is mentally and physically draining to the point when the real thing comes I'll probably give birth at home or in the car because I'm just whatever right now, I'll mistake the real thing for this stop starting nonsense and then I'll be in trouble! Really hope baby turns for you hun, this baby was transverse up until just before 30 weeks I think it was, it started to panic me a bit!

Hi ladies I’m 33 weeks pregnant and yesterday I was in a lot of pain thinking I was going into labour (felt like contractions, this is my 3rd so know what to expect) my OH rang hospital and we went in as baby was very quiet that morning too, I was still having the pains but they checked me over and did a test to see how likely I was to go into labour for next 2 weeks and that came back negative (I won’t) but I’m still getting the pains they are not regular but they are definitely more painful than Braxton-Hicks and feel like contractions to me. I’m just confused as to why I’m getting such strong pains but no sign of labour. Has this happened to anyone else? As I don’t think I can go 7 weeks with these pains. Sorry for the long post I’m just really confused about what’s going on
Hi LouLou! You and I are right around the same week in our pregnancies!! <3 I actually had this happen last Tuesday. VERY SIMILAR situation. I started contracting regularly while at work, every 4-5 minutes apart. They were stronger than BH, but I was still able to talk and breathe through them. I also went in to OB to be checked. Cervix was still closed, and chemical test also came back negative for preterm labor. They monitored me for about an hour afterward where they were able to see the regular contractions. Dr ended up sending me home because they never gained strength and didn't get any closer together. Since then, I have had a couple other days with irregular contractions, again timing fairly closely together just for them to ween off and eventually go away. Sunday was so awful pain level wise that I cried nearly the entire day and kept moving around to different positions trying to get comfortable.
My doctor told me that sometimes women who have already had multiple children (you and I both expecting baby #3), can contract sooner than first time moms without actually going into labor. It is frustrating and exhausting, but as much as I wish for this pregnancy to be over, I do not want to have the baby this early. I'd rather give birth after 37 weeks when they are full term. I hope you are able to find some relief! I hate that sleep at this point is just as exhausting because we can't really find a comfortable spot and we're getting up to pee 4-5 times. Maybe a prenatal massage?! :) I'm about ready to book one just to try and relax for an hour!!

Please keep me posted on how you are doing!! <3

Yes hun hes fully engaged now and boyyyyy do I feel it!!! Still getting on off contractions however I've had just ONE today! Like what the hell :rofl: 4 weeks left on Saturday I am so done! All the stop starting is mentally and physically draining to the point when the real thing comes I'll probably give birth at home or in the car because I'm just whatever right now, I'll mistake the real thing for this stop starting nonsense and then I'll be in trouble! Really hope baby turns for you hun, this baby was transverse up until just before 30 weeks I think it was, it started to panic me a bit!
I so hope he doesn’t keep you waiting too long! I have another scan on 30th October which will be just over 36 weeks so hopefully he’s turned by then if not at least I know what I’m dealing with but fx he turns before then.

Hi LouLou! You and I are right around the same week in our pregnancies!! <3 I actually had this happen last Tuesday. VERY SIMILAR situation. I started contracting regularly while at work, every 4-5 minutes apart. They were stronger than BH, but I was still able to talk and breathe through them. I also went in to OB to be checked. Cervix was still closed, and chemical test also came back negative for preterm labor. They monitored me for about an hour afterward where they were able to see the regular contractions. Dr ended up sending me home because they never gained strength and didn't get any closer together. Since then, I have had a couple other days with irregular contractions, again timing fairly closely together just for them to ween off and eventually go away. Sunday was so awful pain level wise that I cried nearly the entire day and kept moving around to different positions trying to get comfortable.
My doctor told me that sometimes women who have already had multiple children (you and I both expecting baby #3), can contract sooner than first time moms without actually going into labor. It is frustrating and exhausting, but as much as I wish for this pregnancy to be over, I do not want to have the baby this early. I'd rather give birth after 37 weeks when they are full term. I hope you are able to find some relief! I hate that sleep at this point is just as exhausting because we can't really find a comfortable spot and we're getting up to pee 4-5 times. Maybe a prenatal massage?! :) I'm about ready to book one just to try and relax for an hour!!

Please keep me posted on how you are doing!! <3
Hey! I’m sorry this has happened to you too, as from Monday I have had no pains at all (very strange) the drs sent me home with strong painkillers as they could see I was in pain they also said I could stay the night if I wanted but seeing as they told me I wasn’t going into labour I decided to go home. I can’t fault the hospital they were so go with me and didn’t once make me feel stupid for being there even though I wasn’t actually in labour. I really hope your pains stop soon as it’s very scary even tho they tell you you’re not going into labour you wonder what the hell your body is doing then as we know what contractions feel like so know what we are feeling! Keep me posted how you get on too it’s nice to have someone who’s in the same boat as me

I had the the same thing at 33+6 and then again at 35 and 36 weeks. I also lost my mukas plug and had the bloody show at 34 weeks.
Really thought I was going to have baby early but still made it to my induction at 37 weeks and then needed the stupid pessery to shorten my cervix. So all them signs and pains for nothing.
3rd babies really mess u about.
I also had that test twice which came back negative. It's good ures came out negative because I've been told it's very accurate if negative but if positive its not as accurate because u can get a positive but still go full term.
All my contractions showed on the monitor and were huge and I had to keep staying in hospital because of them but they were not real labour.
Also 3rd babies can engage and the come back out again. They really mess u about.
I'm sorry u are going through this because it sucks.
I went through it for over 3 weeks. Everyone was convinced I was going to go into labour even the midwifes but nope.

I prob wud be still pregnant now if I wasnt induced..

I had the the same thing at 33+6 and then again at 35 and 36 weeks. I also lost my mukas plug and had the bloody show at 34 weeks.
Really thought I was going to have baby early but still made it to my induction at 37 weeks and then needed the stupid pessery to shorten my cervix. So all them signs and pains for nothing.
3rd babies really mess u about.
I also had that test twice which came back negative. It's good ures came out negative because I've been told it's very accurate if negative but if positive its not as accurate because u can get a positive but still go full term.
All my contractions showed on the monitor and were huge and I had to keep staying in hospital because of them but they were not real labour.
Also 3rd babies can engage and the come back out again. They really mess u about.
I'm sorry u are going through this because it sucks.
I went through it for over 3 weeks. Everyone was convinced I was going to go into labour even the midwifes but nope.

I prob wud be still pregnant now if I wasnt induced..
I have a feeling he’s going to be late, although they will only let me go a week over as I have gestational diabetes but obviously if he stays breech I doubt they will let me go that far over, I have a scan on 30th so will know more then as apparently they don’t worry about him being breech until 36 weeks (which I will be by then) also see how big he is as GD babies are known to be bigger! How are you any way hun? And little Tommy? He’s beautiful btw x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->