Really cross...

Abigailly

Reaction score
... About the lack of information out there about real nappies. If it wasn't for here I wouldn't have eard about them.
I'd still be trowing anything up to 20 nappies a day. Not a leaflet from the midwife or a paragraph in
'Ready Steady Baby'.
To make it even worse, 2 months ago I contacted Perth and Kinross real nappy network. They said they'd
Send me out a trial pack, well since then I've called them 3 times, each time they've said sorry and that'll
They'll send me out a pack.

Why bother with all that time and money if they won't even do as they're meant to!

Makes me cross.

Yah, my council has blurb on their website about why Real Nappies are so good, but then doesn't have any kind of incentive scheme :( I tried to use the "Contact Us" link to ask why not, and the link was broken! Classy!

Thats why it's up to us to spread the word.
Tell everyone with babies or who may end up having more.
You can even become a 'Nappy Guru' through 'Fill your Pants' and hold tupperware parties for nappies!!lol xx

Same here; I'd always wanted to use cloth, but the only advise I ended up receiving was from ladies on here. I sent of for infomation from various different sources, and had no corrospondence. I asked the HV, and she said she had no idea, but that she'd research it and get back to me. She didn't.

It's no wonder that the amount of people using cloth is so low; when you don't know anything about them (and they can be confusing), and there is no support easily accessible, how are we expected to take the risk and spend the amount of money involved to use cloth?

We're going to be buried under a pile of sposies soon.

Same here; I'd always wanted to use cloth, but the only advise I ended up receiving was from ladies on here. I sent of for infomation from various different sources, and had no corrospondence. I asked the HV, and she said she had no idea, but that she'd research it and get back to me. She didn't.

It's no wonder that the amount of people using cloth is so low; when you don't know anything about them (and they can be confusing), and there is no support easily accessible, how are we expected to take the risk and spend the amount of money involved to use cloth?

We're going to be buried under a pile of sposies soon.

Call me ignorant, I didn't even know about cloth. I knew about the old school ones where you use a pin etc but I can't be doing with all that!!

I didn't know there were such thing as AIO and pockets! Everyone is always so interested too as N very rarely wears kegs:haha: At clinic the men are always questioning how you deal with poo!! However women are always wondering about my routine with it etc.

It's the same here really. Recently they started selling real nappies in the supermarket but they are the ones that use a prefold and cover (in white only) which I wasn't drawn to at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->