Really down

meldmac

Mom to an angel and Colin
Reaction score
Feeling really down about Christmas this year. My grandfather who is 98 is not doing great and to top it off my hubby is constantly on me about how he thinks Colin has to many gifts and only should have 1 or 2 from Santa. I have done way better this year at not going overboard but I just feel like I can't win no matter what I do. I just want to cry right now. I told him this is the last year I do everything he can do it next year :cry:

:hugs:. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. With your husband, maybe show him the gifts and ask him to choose the 1/2 he thinks your LO should have? If he's anything like my DH he won't be able to choose as he'll see that LO will love them all.

:hugs: i am sorry you feel this way, i think you are right let him take the burden of it all next year.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, having something like that to worry you does add to the stress and pressure of Christmas. Unfortunately I also think men just don't think about what they say - I've spent ages shopping for better presents this year compared to last year and trying to find the cheapest places to buy things and then all my oh can do is moan about what I've brought yet he shows absolutely zero interest when I try and talk to him. Don't let your oh drag you down- just imagine lo's face on Christmas morning after all your hard work has paid off x x

Sorry it has been a difficult time for you hun. Big hugs :hugs:

Sending wishes to your grandfather.

It's a stressful time of the year as it is. Financially and emotionally. Maybe if you say it was all within budget (or less) as planned, he may lay off a little.

Truthfully, I could NEVER let OH take it on his hands to sort Christmas out. Everything will be last minute and I'd have anxiety attacks over it. Most probably have barely little money to spend too as he's irresponsible with money.

Don't let your OH drag you down. Your son will love his presents. 1 or 2 from Santa ok, the rest from Mummy and Daddy. Let OH pick what Santa should give.

Grandfather 98 is a good age, he has lived through some of the most amazing changes in all time. From horse and carts to driverless cars, telegram to email. He's been lucky and seen his children, grow, his grandchildren and now great grandchildren. He has been a blessed man. The last thing he would want is you to be down about him, he'll be wanting you to enjoy making special memories with your family and sharing those with him.

My own grandfather is a year younger and I think too about his failing health but I also count his many blessings!!

To add to it, lossed my BIL 2 years ago, leaving a 9 & 13 year old. Totally puts a different perspective on life and family.

Hope your day goes well. Shit happened here my grandfather was found seriously ill this morning and died soon afterwards. 97 can't really complain but its put a damper on things. I knew his odds for next Christmas were low but didn't think he wouldn't make this one. This is only the 2nd Christmas I've not gone to the midnight service since I was about 10. Feeling flat. I need to pick myself up I have a 4yo to think about. And I know he wouldn't was Christmas not to happen for him.

Hope your day goes well. Shit happened here my grandfather was found seriously ill this morning and died soon afterwards. 97 can't really complain but its put a damper on things. I knew his odds for next Christmas were low but didn't think he wouldn't make this one. This is only the 2nd Christmas I've not gone to the midnight service since I was about 10. Feeling flat. I need to pick myself up I have a 4yo to think about. And I know he wouldn't was Christmas not to happen for him.

So so sorry to hear this, thinking of you and your family. My grandad died suddenly in November and this is the first year ever we now won't go to his house in the morning and I feel like it's dragging me down thinking about it

So sorry for both of your losses hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->