Really frustrated here !!

1st_baby

Ive been trying to get max to eat chunky food as hes surely old enough but as soon as he eats it he gags and gags till he pukes :( He will cry and moan until i change him back to puree food :cry: I know hes got 3 teeth and knows how to use them he can eat finger foods such as veg sticks, rusks, cheerios and basically anything hard .but he wont go near chunky food ..

Anyway of making him adapt to this sort of stuff , he will close his mouth at me and turn his face ..:dohh:

Colton was the exact same.
You kinda have to take into account that his front teeth are just for biting. The back teeth are actually for chewing.
Colton is just recently starting to get better. He used to make himself puke at least once a day! He still makes himself puke every 2-3 days, but now he has a new molar tooth to help him chew.
I really dont have much advice though as we have just been persistant with Colton; making sure he only gets 1-2 pieces in his mouth so that he can chew (he likes to stuff his mouth with too much which makes him unable chew good :dohh:), patting his back if he starts to gag so that he can get it up out of his throat, and keeping something to drink on hand.
Hope it doesn't take him to long to get it! :hugs:

Valerie was the exact same...up until a bout a month ago. I wouldn't be able to grind up what we had for dinner or give her any of the lumpier 3rd foods. So I talked to her pediatrician about it and he gave me the idea to dump the food in a pile on her tray and let her feed herself (with or without the spoon). So that night I made a huge pot of spaghetti and grinded it up and left it on her tray. She started feeding herself and even used the spoon. It was amazing. Ever since that night, she has started to eat lumpier foods and hasn't gagged once. Try that...it really worked for us.

JennyLynn, how old was she when you let her feed herself?

Same here,Skyler wants puree and he is not terribly interested in lumpy foods! I dont think I can dump food and let him eat it as my husband is a bit anal about cleanliness....Will just continue to try and let him eat it.

I agree, just give him what you're eating and leave him to it. It worked with Kaya

Same here,Skyler wants puree and he is not terribly interested in lumpy foods! I dont think I can dump food and let him eat it as my husband is a bit anal about cleanliness....Will just continue to try and let him eat it.

I am the same...a huge clean freak. But I was getting very frustrated about her not eating lumpier food. To be honest, other than the food on HER, she really didn't get much on the floor or outside of her tray on the highchair. Every child is different though! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->