Really frustrated :(

Bee Bee

Doula expecting #2
Reaction score
As a little back story: My first two months after going off BC were fine. I had a 31 day cycle and a 35 day cycle. Then, after my period in November, I completely stopped ovulating. After a 100 day cycle, I went into an OBGYN and she did blood work, an ultrasound and a pelvic exam. My ultrasound revealed that both of my ovaries are polycystic and that my lining was thin even after 100 days. And the blood work came back normal for no hormone issues. She prescribed me progesterone to force a period and hopefully restart my cycle.

Well I'm a little upset with my OBGYN because I asked her specifically if I had PCOS and she told me No. Turns out, I do have PCOS.

I looked it up and apparently to be diagnosed with PCOS you need to have 2 out of 3 of the following issues: Lack of ovulation, polycystic ovaries or Hormone issues (high testosterone, insulin resistance). And I do have 2 out of three of those (no hormone issues). I saw my GP this morning for something unrelated and talked to her about it and she confirmed that that is true and that I do have PCOS if I have those 2 issues. :/ I also have quite a bit of ovarian pain (like every day since CD18) and am having an issue with acne as well which are both symptoms of PCOS.

I'm just a little upset because if she had properly diagnosed me with PCOS then I could possibly already be on ovulation medications but now I'll need to wait until my next cycle to do it or force another period and then start them. And, since I do have PCOS, I have not ovulated again this cycle. I am CD 29 and no O yet. So, who knows when my next cycle will come. But of course, to get the medications I need to go back to the doctor. I cant see my OBGYN until April 16th.

GP recommended I go see a RE (reproductive endocrinologist) so I made an appointment. Cant see her until May 19th. So, now I am just kind of sitting around twiddling my thumbs. Hopefully I will ovulate by then, but I don't know. I got a "peak fertility" reading with a clearblue digital ovulation test but my temps have yet to spike. I am skeptical that it is actually positive because the same thing happened last cycle. I got a + OPK but ovulation never occurred. Thinking I will ditch the OBGYN and just go to the RE, but not sure yet.

I'm just really frustrated because I have been TTC for 7 months and have only been able to actually try for 2 months of it. The other 5 months have been me waiting around, hoping to ovulate. Really, if I had just been TTC this whole time with no issues, then I wouldn't be that upset that I wasnt pregnant yet since I know it can take up to a year. But the fact that I havent ovulated for 70% of this time is just sooooo frustrating and upsetting.

I'm so sorry Bee. I was wondering how things were with you. That's super frustrating. I would say stick with the RE since they'll probably monitor you better, etc anyways. How annoying that your OB dropped the ball though. I hope you get a natural BFP while you're waiting for the appointment.

Thanks so much

Its been a few days since seeing a "peak fertility" on the clear blue monitor but my temp still hasnt gone up, so I'm just not sure if I'm going to ovulate at all or not. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->