Really getting ANNOYED

lm3898

Trying for a 3rd!
Reaction score
So I had my nuchal exam last week and I was told to call Mon/Tues for the results. I called yesterday at 9:30 a.m. and was told by the nurse that the results are IN but she needs to get the doctor's approval to give the results out...which seems utterly RIDICULOUS but ok. So I waited a few hours...she calls at 11:30 a.m. and says the doctor said my maternity21 test is not yet back...

I KNOW THAT...I'm calling for my nuchal I tell her and she says oh yes he must have gotten confused we have those results...umm ok - what are they??

Again, I have to wait... I wait, and wait, and wait...nothing. I call back at 5 p.m. and leave my cell phone number just in case - again I'm told they'll send another note to the doctor...

I called at 9:30 a.m. this morning and the same nurse goes, "oh that's strange he didn't call, I'll send him an alert right now"...

It's now 11:30 a.m. TUESDAY - over 24 hours have gone by and nobody has called me with the results that have been SITTING my doctors office for over a day.

Am I over-reacting b/c right now I'm pretty freaking LIVID that my doctor couldn't even bother to say OK to release results. He doesn't even need to be the one to call! WTF! :growlmad:

Honestly Im tired too from the attitude drs and caregivers have towards pregnancy.... We have to be patiente, happy, relaxed and smily...anxiety? Why? Enjpy your pregnancy, they say. Dont worry, theysay...well, how about some help? Give me a lot more information, guide me better, give the results fast, and stop treating us as if we should all go under a tree, read a danielle steel novel and wait for the baby to come out.

Seriously, I get you.

Thanks...it's now 3 p.m. I'm just really upset at this point...not one call from the office. I just called again & am now on hold while they try to find another doctor to read my results.

Honestly Im tired too from the attitude drs and caregivers have towards pregnancy.... We have to be patiente, happy, relaxed and smily...anxiety? Why? Enjpy your pregnancy, they say. Dont worry, theysay...well, how about some help? Give me a lot more information, guide me better, give the results fast, and stop treating us as if we should all go under a tree, read a danielle steel novel and wait for the baby to come out.

Seriously, I get you.

I go through this with my office. There's an option to press 7 for lab results which I always do and no one ever answers of course but I leave a message. No one ever call back before the end of the business day and they shut their phones off at 4pm so AS USUAL I call back around 3 for answers. When I call back I have to press 0 which is only supposed to be used for making appointments and they always ask if I left a message and I always reply "everytime I call I leave a message and never get a call back". Silence on the other end and then I get a live nurse. Such a drag and unfortunate service in an otherwise skilled office.

My doctors office is the same, I feel you.... and when I call I always have to wait on hold for 15 minutes to answer, and then they transfer me to a nurse to see if I have lab results... thats another 15 minutes... then the nurse tells me theres no labs for me at this time. Its so annoying! So i have to keep doing that until my labs come back. Because gosh knows they will not call me when I get a lab result.

Thanks...he eventually called me out and sort of chided me for calling in a bunch but I gave it back to him. He tried to say the results hadn't been in and I let him know I was told they were sitting there from 9:30 a.m. the day prior and all I required was a 30 second phone call. It just isn't right that he couldn't take the time to authorize a nurse to call me...oh well regardless the results came back great which is the important thing in the end...bedside manner was definitely lacking this time around.

Im glad you got the results and that everthing looks good :) keep up your good health and ask for patience vouchers for xmas... Loads of tests still to go. Hugs :)

Ugh, I can totally relate. My doctor took 10 days to call me back about my initial pregnancy test results even though I called and left a message every day. And now I had blood work on Monday and still haven't heard anything. So frustrating.

I am glad you finally got your results!

Good for you and i'm glad you gave him a piece of your mind :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"