Really hoping I didn't just get pregnant!

Kess

Reaction score
It's a red day (i.e. a fertile one) according to my ladycomp, but OH and I just had sex. He pulled out before coming, just, but that isn't a reliable method, is it, so now I'm worried. It wouldn't be disastrous, except for I'm getting married in April! I cannot have a bump on my wedding day!! Eeeek!

If you really don't want to get pregnant have you thought about the morning after pill?

If it helps put your mind at ease my husband and I used the pull at method for three years. As long as you didn't have sex take a little break and then have sex again using the pull out method, you should be fine. Sperm is only in pre-cum if the man has sex and doesn't pee afterward and then has sex again.

I hope everything works out alright. Lucky is right, and usually if you have sex every day, the sperm count is a lot lower. That's why they tell people who are ttc to have sex every other day. Hope that helps?

If you don't want to get pregnant why aren't you using contraception?

Me and DH used to use the pull out method as our regular 'contraception' and in 10 years the only time I got pregnant was when we were TTC the 1st time round, so dont panic I reckon you will be fine.

If you really don't want to get pregnant have you thought about the morning after pill?

It's against my beliefs. If there's a little tiny bean in there, it's there to stay.

We are, normally. We use the LadyComp, which tells me when I'm fertile and so we avoid sex on those few days each month or use a condom. But this was just a time when passion got the better of us. It's the first time we've had an oops in the three and a three quarters years we've been together, so I don't think we're doing that badly! Get off your high horse!

Thanks for the reassurance, guys. Like I say, normally we're more careful but I think knowing we're ready for a bump and the only reason we're holding off is to get married and drop my medication the last little bit to zero made for not enough will power this time!

i'm the same as hippymumma,i haven't been on the pill for over 10yrs,we also use the pull out method and the only time i've ever caught was when we were ttc:flower:

I have always found the pull out method safe, I'm sure you are worrying because it is unusual for you to use this method.

It's against my beliefs. If there's a little tiny bean in there, it's there to stay.

We are, normally. We use the LadyComp, which tells me when I'm fertile and so we avoid sex on those few days each month or use a condom. But this was just a time when passion got the better of us. It's the first time we've had an oops in the three and a three quarters years we've been together, so I don't think we're doing that badly! Get off your high horse!

Thanks for the reassurance, guys. Like I say, normally we're more careful but I think knowing we're ready for a bump and the only reason we're holding off is to get married and drop my medication the last little bit to zero made for not enough will power this time!

No need to be so damn rude about it, i only asked you a genuine question.

hi, just read this post and there are some really silly rumours on this thread! first of all there can be sperm in the pre cum even if the man has a pee! secondly, the reason they tell u to hav sex every other day is not cos it makes the sperm count lowerr, but because sperm can live in the womb for two days so it actually maximises the chances of gettin pregnant. i agree that u should be using a proper form of contraception if u are not wanting to get pregnant cos the pull out method is just a disaster waiting to happen and seems a bit unfair on the man if u ask me!

hi, just read this post and there are some really silly rumours on this thread! first of all there can be sperm in the pre cum even if the man has a pee! secondly, the reason they tell u to hav sex every other day is not cos it makes the sperm count lowerr, but because sperm can live in the womb for two days so it actually maximises the chances of gettin pregnant. i agree that u should be using a proper form of contraception if u are not wanting to get pregnant cos the pull out method is just a disaster waiting to happen and seems a bit unfair on the man if u ask me!

Yes I agree, there IS sperm in pre-cum! The pull method in not effective birth control although knowing your cycle and using FF, temping, and opks can help you as a form of natural birth control.

I do use a proper form of contraception, Lau86, I've already mentioned twice on this thread that I use the LadyComp. We have ony used the pull out method ONCE ever, and that was this time. This is the only occasion in my whole life that I've ever had not-completely-safe sex.

I do use a proper form of contraception, Lau86, I've already mentioned twice on this thread that I use the LadyComp. We have ony used the pull out method ONCE ever, and that was this time. This is the only occasion in my whole life that I've ever had not-completely-safe sex.

I saw your other posts dear, there were some other girlies who were misinformed on the pull method. Everyone has an oops every now and again. So did AF show or are you still in the tww?

I saw your other posts dear, there were some other girlies who were misinformed on the pull method. Everyone has an oops every now and again. So did AF show or are you still in the tww?

Still in the tww. I just felt like I was getting lectured for using the LadyComp by Char&bump and Lau86, or for having an oops, when as you say we all have an oops now and again, sorry guys if I went overboard in defending myself.

Still in the tww. I just felt like I was getting lectured for using the LadyComp by Char&bump and Lau86, or for having an oops, when as you say we all have an oops now and again, sorry guys if I went overboard in defending myself.

No worries! I'm in the tww as well from an oops. It happens to the best of us. :blush: When will you be testing? I'm gonna test the 31st if no :witch: by then. Do keep me informed hun! :hugs:

Hun, you are probably safe... but I don't think that Char was trying to be rude. It was just a question.

Hun, you are probably safe... but I don't think that Char was trying to be rude. It was just a question.

The answer to the question was in the OP, so tha was what made me think she was being snarky. I know she could just not have read the OP properly, though. I was feeing a bit defensive.

I did read the post properly. I just don't think the pull out method is a 100% safe way of using contraception. It isn't.

I don't care if you think i'm being snarky, if you don't want to be pregnant, use a proper method, simple as.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->