Really need advice

wombwarrior

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I just joined today!

I think this is the right place for me to post as I am 37 and just about to start trying.

Does anyone know much about ovulation tests?

I have been doing them for 3 days now and each day they got a lil darker but today wow the ovulation test was VERY positive, it was almost darker then the control line.

Now what I need to ask is, when does that mean I will actually ovulate though? As I am worried I will miss the egg if we dont have sex tonight. My husband works of a night so we may not get a chance tonight and now I am worried we will miss the chance. We will be able to to tomorrow but will that be to late for sperm to meet up with egg?

The ovulation tests detect the LH surge. The luteinizing hormone is always present in your urine, but will surge 24-48 hours prior to ovulation. The LH surge triggers ovulation, which is the release of an egg from one of your ovaries. The three days immediately after your first positive test is usually the best time to have intercourse. However, the only way to confirm you have indeed ovulated is to temp.

Hi sweety oh thank you so much for replying I have been stressing lol. I have never had to temp or use these tests before with my others I always just went by the ewcm, but this week I have barley had any cervical mucus so I decided to use these test from ebay.

So if I cant dtd tonight your saying it wont be to late if we do it tomorrow?

Nope you should be fine because as Indigo said the three days after you get your + are the best the days to DTD:thumbup:

Hi crystal, of thank you so much im so excited! Thank you both so much, gee you would think I knew it all by now at 37 with a bunch of kiddies but Im still learning

Good luck huni,I am 44 and a mum of four and still learning,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Desperado167, aw thank you sweety, yes age has no barrier for learning right! :) so your trying for baby number five?

In my case I have a short OV period. I've always gotten pregnant before ovulation or on the day of ovulation. I'm usually too tired after ovulation because we have BD too much. I actually used a OPK this month because after my MC my periods are wacky. I'm actually OV couple days after AF cycle was over. I was following FF chart before. I for example OV on the 14th and the next day I check with OPK and no detection line...

Garnet, have you used the ovulation tests much before sweety? I believe our future babies choose when the time is right for them to come, some are not in a rush as much as other lol.

Well this is our first month of ttc our 8th child!!!!

So if I cant dtd tonight your saying it wont be to late if we do it tomorrow?

I'd say if you can't dtd then you can't dtd - so no point worrying about it - just try to do it as soon as you can. But in future months try to aim for every day as soon as you start getting a +ve on your tests. (Yeah right, I haven't once managed to do that!)

Garnet, have you used the ovulation tests much before sweety? I believe our future babies choose when the time is right for them to come, some are not in a rush as much as other lol.

Well this is our first month of ttc our 8th child!!!!

Well the first time I tried to TTC when I was 41. I bought a digital one and they are expensive then I started using the Dollar store ones and they worked great. Finally gave up when in July of 09 and got pregant but I did it the night before OV. I then got pregnant in Feb of 10 and I think I didn't use a OPK. I did use a Instead Soft Cup and Soy that time and I got pregnant with twins but one decided to grow on cyst then the other one made it to 8.2 weeks gestational age.

Hello ladies, I just joined today!

I think this is the right place for me to post as I am 37 and just about to start trying.

Does anyone know much about ovulation tests?

I have been doing them for 3 days now and each day they got a lil darker but today wow the ovulation test was VERY positive, it was almost darker then the control line.

Now what I need to ask is, when does that mean I will actually ovulate though? As I am worried I will miss the egg if we dont have sex tonight. My husband works of a night so we may not get a chance tonight and now I am worried we will miss the chance. We will be able to to tomorrow but will that be to late for sperm to meet up with egg?

It means that your body is trying to ovulate hun. The only way to know for definate is to take your temp every morning and records it somewhere like fertility friend. A positive OPK suggests that your body will try and ovulate sometime in the next 24-36 hours.

Good luck hun

:dust:

Thanks ladies, we have decided I will keep trying with my weight loss, I need to be as healthy as possible for a another pregnancy.So we are leaving this month and a few more, hope I can still stick around here till I start trying

Thanks ladies, we have decided I will keep trying with my weight loss, I need to be as healthy as possible for a another pregnancy.So we are leaving this month and a few more, hope I can still stick around here till I start trying

Good luck Hun,off course u can stick around ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Of course! Bet you can give us all lots of advice with your experience! Just change the status in your profile to "Waiting to Try" then everyone knows where you're at.

Desperado167, aw thank you sweety, yes age has no barrier for learning right! :) so your trying for baby number five?

Yes Hun and sometimes it's so hard but I do believe I will get lucky,so will u Hun,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Desperado167, well I guess if there are more children waiting in the wings for us, they will make there way to us no matter what age we are :)

Desperado167, well I guess if there are more children waiting in the wings for us, they will make there way to us no matter what age we are :)

I like the way u say that,I really hope so Hun ,good luck :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Its true darlin, I really believe it, I actually have dreams about my baby before I fall pregnant with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->