Really need HELPFUL advice

Newmrsb

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm having a terrible week and need to vent/get advice.

Here's the deal. DH and I are sort of NTNP - he pulls out. He really wants to wait until August to TTC because he has this idea that when he gets a raise at work, he's comfortable having a baby. But he doesn't care about it so much that he wants to use a condom, and when my birth control prescription ran out, we just decided to take our chances. It's sort of silly, I know. So we BDed my whole fertile week, though I haven't done a good job of charting and determining when I ovulated.

I'm now 3-4 days late. I always have a bit of an irregular cycle, but I'm later than I've ever been. BUT I've taken two HPTs, both negative. Both were in the afternoon. The first because I just couldn't wait, and the second I had a weak moment and wanted to test again even though I was pretty convinced I couldn't be.

Still no signs of my period today. I usually get cramps and a backache the day of, and nothing. I broke out last week, and I usually break out then start the next day. I also had my usual headache that I get a day or two before, and that was also a week ago. I had been feeling nauseated and had a bad taste in my mouth, but that seems to have gone away for the most part.

I have no idea what's going on. I broke down and bought cheap pregnancy tests today so I can try again with FMU, but talking to my mom and my best friend (my usual support) has been so upsetting. They're both telling me I'm crazy and that this is stress, everything is mental. Maybe they're right to some degree, but previous months when I've thought I could be pregnant, I got my period on schedule and didn't have the weird symptoms. And they keep insisting that I'm late because I'm stressed. I guess that happens to people, but it's literally never happened to me, even in the MOST stressful experiences of my life. My period has never been this late nor have I missed it! I'm crazy emotional right now and I really thought it was PMS, but I usually get symptoms a day or two before, at most. All of this is incredibly unusual for me, and being told I'm crazy and making all of it up is not helping at all. I just want to cry and I can't get anything done.

Anyone gone through anything like this? I can definitely accept that I'm more than likely not pregnant, but I'm just so upset that trying to tell people how hard this is just earns me comments that I'm crazy and need to get over :cry:

Well firstly, you're not crazy! :hugs: it is horrible being late but having negative hpts.

Have you only recently come off the bc pills? Because it can take a while for your body to adjust. The first time I came off bc, I'd been taking them for over 10 years and I think it took a good two months for my period to arrive. The second time, I never got a period because I fell pregnant but it took about 6 weeks for me to ovulate.

Xx

I was on BC and it took me a good 6-9 months to regulate after (this was years before we had DS, which, ironically, we used the pull out method for most of those years "successfully").

How were you determining you "fertile week"? Just based on the calender? Because coming of of BC, there is really no way to know when you ovulated or when AF is due. If you used OPKs or temping you would know how exactly when to expect AF and when you are late. If you are just going by the calender and how long your artificial cycles were on BC, you may not even really be late. My cycle is (or was before pregnancy) 31 days naturally, of course 28 on the pill, and I had several cycles over 35 days when coming off the pill.

And you aren't crazy, in fact, there is another pregnancy/baby forum where I went when I was first getting of BC and I SWORE I was pregnant. I wasn't, but I was in the exact same boat you are now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->