Really need some help on how to stop breastfeeding my 10 month old.

Bee26

Mummy to Charlie bear!
Reaction score
Hi Girls,
I could really use some help and advice please.
Ive been breatfeeding for nearly 10 months but HAVE to go back to work full time really soon, and will be working all sorts of shifts, including nights. My little man is so boob attached, mostly for comfort now I think, apart from his morning and nightime feeds.
I am at the point where I need, but also want, to stop BF - Im proud of how far we have come but I feel ready to have my boobs back now.
I just dont know how to stop. I know he still needs it morning and night, until hes 1, so Im hoping to use the next 2 months to get him using a cup/beaker (he HATES bottles) with expressed milk until he can have cows milk. I just dont know how to stop him from wanting the breast as a comforter, and althouigh hes on 3 meals a day, I cant see him giving up voluntarily anytime soon.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
xx

I can't help but maybe a bump up will!
(I'd be interested in answers too, for a later date)
Well done getting to 10 months :)

Sorry i cant help either,il looking for answers to as iv got to go back to work in 2 months!and like your baby mine hates teats (iv 6 different types)Although my wee babe is only 15 weeks!youv done so well!! x

Sorry can't help if you want to quit, I myself have recently had thoughts and look forward to an end - its just so darn good at putting him to sleep.

I went back to work a few weeks ago and I didn't introduce a bottle and he really doesn't care for whole milk but we continue to offer, mostly in an open cup and he bfs when I get home. Some days I get full so he will skip his afternoon snack.

I thought it was going to be a way bigger deal than it is. I thought he wouldn't nap but it turns out he sleeps just fine for grandma/pa. I guess he knows they don't have milk and is fine with it. I still can't put him to sleep without it but others can. I also tried pumping while away but he won't drink it anyway so why bother.

It might take the stress out of going back for both of you if you continue through the transition. Your milk may go down and he may be less interested anyway making the weaning a little easier. Dean used to take the boob every 2hrs beofer i went back and now about 4-5 times a day and he doesn't seem bothered when im gone. although from time to time my dad says hes looking for it.

Once he ok with you being gone the bf'ing might work itself out. Not to trying to convince you to keep going if you don't want to however, you've done a fantastic job and I can so relate wanting your body back! I tired the cup route before I went back but Dean didn't get it and didn't want it if I was around. He only got better out of nessessity once I had left.

Good luck and post updates! :)

Finally managed to get Keagan to take milk from a Nuby silicone teat sippy cup. He has refused to take a bottle from 4 weeks old, but now guzzles formula from cup during the day. He likes it cold for some reason:wacko: I started by cutting bf mid morning first and substituting with cup. I cut day feeds out one by one and now only feed first thing in the morning and at bedtime. Good luck and I hope this helps:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->