• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Really really struggling with my 10 month old sleep issues?!

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
I'm really struggling over here to the point I feel like I have no life! We've been having sleep problems since he was 3 months. He barely naps but gets so tired and any time I breastfeed him to sleep hell only wake the minute his put down and the we try put him back to sleep only for him to wake again!

Last night was really tough. I had friends over in the evening so was looking forward to relaxing. He put him to sleep around 8pm (his last nap was in the pushchsir whilst collecting my eldest from school). He slept whilst being breastfeed and I put him in his cot and went down to get the door, he then woke up screaming so I asked my friends to excuse me and I tried rock him to sleep to no avail! So I came down with him. I was suppose to be having a relaxing evening instead I had a tired grumpy baby crying next to me. I took him back up again around 9 and sat upstairs with him for 20 mins only for him to wake again as soon as he was put to bed I basically spent my whole evening going up and down with him. After a bath to relax him he ended up sleeping 10pm and woke again less than an hour later.

Today again he slept around 10am his first nap after waking 7am for school run. I had somewhere to be so tried to get ready once I fed and put him in cot asleep. He only gave me ten mins and was awake crying in cot. I got him out and he played but he had a complete meltdown and was screaming by the time we left the house. It was extremely stressful driving with an upset baby in the back

My friends and everyone is saying I should let him cry it out. Once his fed and happy I should leave him in his cot to fall asleep. I breastfed him to sleep so unless his in a moving car or pushchsir he barely falls asleep himself. Is there any way of breaking this habit and any gentle methods of helping him sleep cause this is beyond exhausting for me! We've been dealing with this far too long.

Also just to add his in bed with me all the time and has the quick naps in his cot for safety reasons.

TIA :flow:

Freya has always been a very hit and miss sleeper but these have definitely helped :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VTech-Baby-Starlight-Sounds-Hippo/dp/B00VM850EU

For naps we put her in her pram, extend the hood and put a blanket over it to darken it before rocking her to sleep. Once asleep she naps for around 45 minutes.

More recently, moving her into her own room has been an absolute godsend. Now, instead of waking between 6 and 8 times a night to breastfeed, it's usually once or twice.

She doesn't self settle unless she's very tired, and only if the hippo is on playing tunes and doing the lightshow.

If he's in bed with you all the time maybe that's also why he doesn't settle in his cot?

I don't agree with CIO at all but will let her whinge for up to five minutes before she drops off to sleep. I know with Freya, if she's overtired she'd be happy to be on the breast for hours of end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->