Really scared about Ectopic..

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
Hey, so this may be stupid but im just scared, and this is my first.

Im 6w1d today, and ive had the regular cramping etc, feels like period pains but not nearly as bad. I asked my doc and she told me that's normal. Im not getting my first scan till nov 13 (nt scan) and im terrified of having an ectopic pregnancy.

I have twinges on my left side, a little pain but not at all bad, feels like ovulation pain almost. Ive also had the typical sore back, boobs, nausea, all that.

If it was ectopic, I would know by now, right? :(

Twinges, pulling and little cramps are totally normal, even in subsequent pregnancies. The signs of an ectopic include severe pain, bleeding, shoulder pain (referred pain).
I would say that if you don't have severe pain or any bleeding there is probably nothing to worry about. If you still feel you need to put your mind at ease, why not book a private scan?

When I had an ectopic, I didn't have any sign until I had severe pain which came on suddenly. I was 5+2 at the time. I didn't have any bleeding.

My ectopic hadn't ruptured either.

Its funny because last night I slept in a weird position so my neck and shoulder hurt, but its just that usual weird cramp you get when you sleep in a tight way.

So I would be having severe pain all the time?

i have the same symptoms as you. i do sometimes worry about negative things myself but honestly im not having symptoms that tie specifically to an ectopic or "m" word so i have no choice left but to stop thinking that way since its not giving me a direct reason to.

staying positive!

that's true, I just needed some reassurance I guess. It took forever for us to conceive, so I just need this little one to stay put :)

Sorry if my post seemed abrupt, I was posting in a hurry. I didn't have any cramping before it came on suddenly. Only 1 in 100 pregnancies are ectopic, so they are fairly rare. I am sure you will be fine, the only way to be sure is to get a scan so if you are worried phone te early pregnancy unit and see what they say.

I phoned when I was concerned about cramping as it was strong and one sided, they scanned me the same day as soon as the scanning lady arrived!

Hiya... I have heard that the ovulation pains is the cyst that is created on the ovary that the egg was released from to fortilize the fetus while the placenta gets ready and takes over. I had heard it here because I had that same pain and thought ectopic. When I saw my Dr. and got the scan he went to my ovaries and said you see this black spot it's a cyst that is nourishing the fetus. And the egg released was from your left ovary. :shrug:

loeylo- you post wasn't abrupt at all, don't worry :)

and thank you! that's good to know that it could just be the cyst... I usually get ovulation pain from that side, so that must be it. I haven't had severe pain and no bleeding either.

im such a worry wart :( lol

Most people that have had ectopics will tell you the pain is excruciating. I didn't feel a thing. With my first I blead constantly for a month before they finally caught it but it was too late as it ruptured-disnt feel a thing. The second one I had bleeding at the end of the 5th week. Started out with two days of brown then turned bright red. Went to the er and they couldn't see anything. Had an appt with my Dr the next day and she said it looked like a mc. I blead heavily for a week with lots of clots. Had a re check the next week and they found the ectopic.

Now, I didn't tell you that to scare you. If you haven't had any bleeding by now I'd say you're clear of an ectopic. I never had ms with them either. Just broke out badly, but as my body was confused and didn't know which hormones to produce its to be expected. Just try to relax and enjoy being pregnant.

I had the same feelings of fear due to cramping and way to much information scaring me on the internet, but my doctor is great and order me about 4 blood tests over the last 2 weeks to make sure my levels were increasing like they should. They even did a scan at 4w+5d and was able to see the sac in my uterus.

If you are really concerned, it might be worth it to talk to you doctor and ask for the early scan or blood tests to put your mind at ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->