Really scared and dont know what to do

lilme83

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i got a bfp 2 weeks ago and im 9 week on friday and ive got a midwife appt 2nd week in july. My problem is that for the last week i haven't been able to keep anything down, food or liquids, i know that sickness is normal in early pregnancy, but ive had no appitite for over a week, im also getting a few pains roughly in the area where te baby is, im really scared that it may be harming the baby, being sick and not eating cant be good for the little one.

Should i phone the midwife to get an earlier appt or go straight to dr, sorry this is long but this is my first pregnancy and im terrified!

Thanx and congrats to you all

HI lilme

congrats on your pregnancy

sickness is comman in pregnancy but if your worried then i would phone your midwife, On my first child i was very sick, couldnt even keep water down and i lost half a stone, but my daughter turned out fine.

Cramps in early pregnancy are very comman also, if you are 9 weeks, things will be moving about and getting pushed upwards so maybe its that your feeling?

With this pregnancy i had sickness to start with, i heard that vit b6 helps so i tried it and it took my sickness feelings away, maybe its worth trying that, it wont harm your baby.

Give your midwife a ring and see what she says, hope you feel better soon

x

ginger helps with morning sickness, eat little and often, as the hungrier you are the worse it gets. If you're worried, go and see your GP or MW. Try when you wake up, having a ginger biscuit and a drink before you get out of bed.

Cramps are common, I panicked alot about cramps until recently as I've had a miscarriage in the past.

Thanx girls, well ive just phoned the drs and the midwife is there tomoz so im gonna ring her, the sickness isnt that much of a problem, im just worried coz im being sick but not being able to eat, and im scared the baby will be suffering and be on the small side

Hi ya we are due on the same day!! Ive not actually been sick but my appitite has been the same i cant eat hardly anything an i heave when i try, im so thirst all the time so ive been drinkin plenty of water! I have also had some pains an my MW yest said the same as Layla things moving etc.
Hope ur ok soon! Its not nice bein sick all the time i imagine!
x

Oh how I remember those symptoms.
I didnt have an appitite for around 4/5 weeks during the first trimester. Infact I remember coming on here and posting about it because like you, I wondered what the hell was going on.
The pains, I got those alot too during the first tri and still, even now, I get the odd twinge here there and everywhere, but as long as you're not curled up in a ball in pain, i'd say that what youre going through is pretty much normal.
I know you say that you are unable to keep food down, but with me, I have noticed that if I am hungry and I dont eat within half hour of feeling the hunger, I start to feel violently sick and tend to eat a slice of toast or something which NORMALLY helps ease it.

Congrats with your pregnancy. x x

I had bad sickness for about 21 weeks in total, and like you was unable to keep anything down in the first tri. I was really worried but my midwife said that what your body does is make sure the baby is having the nutrients that it needs and then gives you the remainder. So baby is ok but mommy gets to feel like poo. I lost a stone in the first couple of months but soon put it back on and my daughter weighed 8lb + at birth so she didn't miss out on anything.

I had bad sickness for about 21 weeks in total, and like you was unable to keep anything down in the first tri. I was really worried but my midwife said that what your body does is make sure the baby is having the nutrients that it needs and then gives you the remainder. So baby is ok but mommy gets to feel like poo. I lost a stone in the first couple of months but soon put it back on and my daughter weighed 8lb + at birth so she didn't miss out on anything.
In regards to your last sentence about baby not missing out on anything-
I read in my magazine a few days ago that the whole 'eating for two' tale, is nothing more than a myth.
Of course baby needs nutrients etc: but according to my baby magazine, our bodies has enough of that to be able to just eat a normal meal without over doing it.
Just thought i'd add that bit in. :)

Though you probably knew that anyway. hehe

Its only in the last tri that you need to increase your calorie intake - but thats only something ike 400 calories or something like that. However that didn't stop me from troughing all the time.

Its only in the last tri that you need to increase your calorie intake - but thats only something ike 400 calories or something like that. However that didn't stop me from troughing all the time.
Bless lol.
I usually eat quite a bit too, but lately I have kinda turned my nose up at things.
I cooked quite an impressive dinner on sunday and just couldnt eat my own food or anything from my house. Now if I was to go to an indian or chinese, that's a totally different story!
I've had quite a thirst on me though.

Do you 'binge' out on certain things? Lately, I cant stop drinking those milkshakes, YAZOO!!! They are overly scrumpcious- make you feel sick if you drink too many, but hey, nothing new there for us pregnant gals. hehee

I never suffered with nausea, but my sister did with her first son. She couldn't hold anything down her entire first trimester and lost nearly 20 lbs. Just like magic, it disappeared during her second trimester. She gained back the weight plus 20 more and delivered a healthy boy. Those little babies are stronger than we think sometimes. I know it's hard not to worry, but try to relax and ask about med's/home remedies to ease your sickness.

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in my reply but ive been without a computer for a while.

Well since my last post i have had my midwife appointment and she has completely put my mind at ease with a few things and also the sickness has slightly faded and i have my appitite back yay! lol

Thank you for all your reasuring words and congratulation to all

glad teh sickness has faded a bit hun :hugs: hope to see you about a bit more :D

Glad that you are feeling better and that you have got your appetite back.

Pleased your feeling better hun, enjoy the rest of your PG

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"