Really scared.. On call OB didn't answer. Help!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by babytimeee, Jun 1, 2011.

1. babytimeee

babytimeee Well-Known Member

I'm having excruciating pain in my right leg from my knee down as well as swelling from my mid-thigh down. My toes feel cold as if there is no circulation but when I touch them they are no colder than my other toes.

Called the on call OB and got no answer.. so I called my ER and I'm waiting on a call back from the nurse.

It's definitely not muscular.. has anyone else had this? What was it? I'm scared. It hurts so badly

2. babytimeee

I feels as if my bones are on fire.

3. Sweetie

Sweetie DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!

I would say to just go in, don't wait for them to call you back. I know swelling can be a sign of preclampsia...

Fx it's all good :hugs:

4. babytimeee

Yeah they just called me back and said I need to come in ASAP.. looks like I'll be spending my night at the ER..

5. RoxyRoo

RoxyRoo Mummy to two <3

I have no idea what it could be but you're definately right to go and get checked.

I hope all is ok :hugs:

6. m0mmyCool

m0mmyCool Me, OH, and our 2 boys.

Good luck! Hope it's not too serious.

7. maybabydoll

maybabydoll Other

Thinking of you, hope you're Ok x x

8. babytimeee

Well that was a waste of time.. I'm still bawling my eyes out. They did an ultrasound of my leg to rule out dvt. The swellings gone but I'm still in so much pain I can barely think. They gave me tylenol and it did nothing..I dont even know what to do

9. DollFaceJessi

DollFaceJessi Pregnant with a princess

Im so sorry sweetheart, but if their not to conserned I wouldnt worry all to much.
    Just elevate your legs and give yourself a massage.
    fx for you love.

10. babytimeee

I'm super relieved that they aren't concerned but I'm so bent with pain and I know nothing can be done for it and it's just torture. Honestly the pain is so bad I wouldn't be able to do much more than lay on the couch. I can't put any weight on my right leg at all without taking a tumble.. it's excruciating. And I have a pretty damn high pain tolerance! But this is so much more than a leg cramp/pinched nerve.. it just really feels like something is very wrong. If I'm not in crazy pain then from my ankle down I feel a burning numbness..

The only think I can liken it to is when my knees hurt when it's really cold or rainy. I know I'm only 20 but it feels... arthritic almost.

11. babytimeee

I'd love to massage it but OH tried and I just ended up screaming.. it's unbearable to have even a light caress :(

12. DollFaceJessi

DollFaceJessi Pregnant with a princess

WOW!
    Cant imagine why there not more concerned.

13. Lashes85

Lashes85 Mommy to FOUR boys <3

Could be septic arthritis?? That's pregnancy related. I had it in my knee when I was 11 weeks. Hospital gave me antibiotics and co codamal. What did the hospital say? Xx

14. babytimeee

Hmm I'm going to have to look into that!

This is what drives me nuts.. once they ruled out DVT, they treated me like I was an idiot and told me to eat a banana and take some more tylenol. When I objected and said a cramp wouldn't last 12 hours long and cause swelling they switched and said maybe the baby is sitting on a nerve. I'm fuming.. I called my OB for a follow up but it seems no one is grasping how much pain i'm in so I have to wait until Friday.

ETA: I also don't see how nerve pain could cause swelling but what do I know.. it's only my body!