really scared

Tacey

Reaction score
Okay-this seems really daft after all the months of planning and thinking... AF is due this week, and after that, we will officially stop using protection. I know I should be delighted that the waiting is nearly over,but I'm TERRIFIED! I've been feeling all sorts of emotions- wondering if it really is the right time, if we're ready, where we'll be living, how we'll afford it. Stupid, because I've planned everything in so much detail.

Has anyone else felt like this before? Please tell me I'm not completely bonkers!

I just posted a message quite like this - I didn't see your one before.

This summer we decided to TTC in December - and at the time it seemed like ages away. Now the time is almost here I am getting really nervous and thinking about things like how will we afford it and am I really ready.

I had a reply to my post that said there are a lot people in worse situations who cope and I suppose this is true, but only you know if you are really ready. It could just be nerves of a whole different life ahead - it is a big thing to do.

Good luck x

I have responded to Lauren's post which is much like yours - do have a look in at that thread 'scared'.

I am scared too! Only natural if you thnk about it. I am waiting to Ov and then AF end of month, then it's ttc time for us....

Best of luck :)

If you have planned everything out then you should be fine. Lots of people fall pg without even planning it. See how you feel after AF you will probably feel fine. Good luck!!
:hug:

There is nothing wrong with changing your mind and waiting a little longer if you dont feel ready.
To be honest, i dont think any is ever 100% ready for the commitment of having children. Maybe you should have a chat with your OH? see how he is feeling too. Talking things through might make you realise where you really are :)
good luck.

Thanks everyone!

Lauren- we seem to be having very similar feelings! I guess that's natural.

When I think to myself that we could postpone the date though, it feels even worse! AF came today, so I think I'll have to take a deep breath and make the jump into ttc!

Good luck Lauren, and thanks again for the advice everyone!
x

good luck, we are going to start next month and i have wanted this for so long but it all seems "very real" now lol and i think its normal i felt this the other day

:hug:

sam xx

Sometimes I wonder myself if were ready!
https://tt.lilypie.com/TcRVm7/.pnghttps://daisypath.com/pic/081112/EhrU.jpghttps://nn.daisypath.com/GqyHm7/.png

I was scared as my TTC date got so much closer that i decided it would be best for me to put it back a while xx

I posted about feeling like this too !!!!! Ok we have three months to go before ttc yet but I am still scared - I guess it is because it has only been us for 8 1/2 years and a baby is going to change everything - and once it is here you can't send it back again !!!!!! I am ready but I am scared about the birth, money, how we are going to cope looking after a baby - obviously we plan for these things .

Good luck:happydance:

i posted a reply to laurens thread. this is a big decision so it is only natural to have doubts! i agree that there are ppl in much worse situations who cope! mt dd was a happy accident and we were totally unprepaired but you can achieve a lot in those 9 months and by the time she was born we were renting our own place, had all the baby stuff we needed and were very happy. i also have a very supportive mum and dad which helps so much and i know i am very lucky. gl hun x

I think you're right - it is probably last minute nerves, but I know it is what I want really. Like you said - thinking about postponing makes it feel even worse.

It is just a big change and any big change is a bit scarey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->