Really silly worry but really upset!

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Yesterday Connah had individual school photos...

He didn't want to wear his jumper so I let him just wear the blue polo shirt by itself...I thought nothing of it as it was warm....

Anyway,he came home and said 'I wasn't dressed right,I didn't have my uniform on'

He wasn't upset he was just telling us he didn't look the same...his dad explained that he was still wearing the uniform just not the jumper as it was warm...he accepted it and started showing us how he smiled etc

That triggered a complete meltdown from me (I suffer with irrational thoughts and worry)

So I suppose my question is...have I ruined his photos? Will they look stupid because he hasn't got the school jumper on?
And has anyone else's little one had pics done without wearing the jumper etc with the school logo on?

This has really upset me :'(

My kids don't even have the school logo tops lol just the school's colour (maroon jumpers from asda!!) I can't see this being a big deal for your son, particularly if it's individual pics, as no one else is in them to compare with :flow:

Aww :hugs: I understand your worry. I sent Tom off to for his 1st day in school with just a colour jumper and no logo (as his uniform hadn't come through yet!) He was really proud about his uniform but then one of the bigger boys told him it wasn't a real uniform!... When he told me this I felt soo upset and didn't want to send him again :(

He got over it a lot quicker than I did (like in 2 minutes!) and I'm sure your son will do too, I'm also sure that the pics look lovely, afterall he still has the polo with the badge on x

My son is the one that always sticks out because of 'not being dressed right'. His jumper is always taken off the minute he gets to school regardless of the weather. And he wears shorts all year round as he won't wear trousers.
This isn't a problem as far as the uniform policy is concerned as they are allowed to wear shorts all year if they want to...but he is pretty much the only boy in the whole school that does.

Your lo not wearing his jumper isn't going to of ruined anything so try not to be upset :)

You didn't ruin the photos.

However, given that you know you suffer from irrational anxieties, and still weren't sure whether the photos were 'ruined' or not, are you getting help for your anxieties, and do you have coping strategies in a situation like this? I don't know whether you had a meltdown in front of your son, but it doesn't seem like that could be good for him if you did.

I say this out of concern, not judgement.

I didn't say anything to him to be honest it was more in front of my OH,
Iv had help but pills mostly which do nothing for anxiety even though that's what they are prescribed for...
No coping strategies but in working on it

The photographers should have arranged the class photo so it looks good. You might find there were two kids with no jumper on who are placed on each side of the photo, or your LO may be in the middle. If they've done their job, it'll look lovely - the photographers when we were little used to spend ages matching up the socks of the girls in the front row, girls in dresses, girls in skirts etc. I always liked the way the whole school uniform was shown off. Don't worry about it! If it had made the photo look bad, they'd have put him in a spare jumper for it.

In my experience class photos always have a massive range of differently dressed kids

Girls wear trousers/skirts/pinafores/checked dresses.

All kids wear polo shirts/shirts/jumpers/tank tops

As above the photographer should have organised the class so no one looked 'odd'

In any case the photo is of the children not their clothes

In my experience class photos always have a massive range of differently dressed kids

Girls wear trousers/skirts/pinafores/checked dresses.

All kids wear polo shirts/shirts/jumpers/tank tops

As above the photographer should have organised the class so no one looked 'odd'

In any case the photo is of the children not their clothes

This^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"