Really struggling with 21 month old

Vivanco

Reaction score
I am really struggling with my daughter, nothing pleases her!!! The wrong tv programme the wrong thing i do, it's so frustrating, she has started shouting NO in my face all this aside i know it's a stage she is going through her dad and i are very firm with her and i know we just need to stick at it, i am a nursery nurse but it's different with your own, anyway rant over, she is a pain in the ass but my pain in the ass, grumpy bum tho she is at the mo' !

She is also very advanced for her age, so i suppose this is another thing terrible 2's early?

mine is 23 months old and can be the same way and has been like that since 16 months! cant wait for her to be a teenager lol!

lol bet when shes a teenager you'll be wishing her back to todays age!

What about getting out and about more with her if thats possible of course ...large floor games? introduce new play things ...colouring of not already? Not got any experienced advice atm just mild thoughts/suggestions :blush: hope someone has some ideas for you x

i find the busier i keep rhys, the more well behaved he is!

i organise the day, keep a strict schedule, and he is happier for it

I think this is why i feel like i am feeling. I do so much with her that when she misbehaves i feel a failure.

She goes to nursery 3 days a week and i work there too, in a different room. She loves it and is very settled as she has been there since she was ten weeks old.
At home we bake, paint play with homemade play dough we mix with food colouring, cornflour and water, sand, have baths together, go walking, swimming, drawing, park, visit friends, toddlers dance class the list goes on, she is a very bright little girl and was moved up to the next room at nursery at 15 months as she was becoming stagnent where she was (she wasn't supposed to move up until she was 2) i worried that she wouldn't be socially ready to cope but she managed the transition well at the time, i am just wondering if this is the backlash??

OH has had a very strict upbringing but is softer where she is concerned. He lets her be a child but we pull her up on things she needs to learn.

Anyone i speak to just says, she is just going through a phase, and deep down i know that but these phases are hard to accept as i feel a failure and i know it's silly as children are children.

Phewwwww i have just read that myself and realised i do a damn good job and should just build a bridge and get over myself!

Phewwwww i have just read that myself and realised i do a damn good job
Reading that I think you do too lol

Ear plugs through her 'stage' maybe lol

Bethanie is exactly the same, she does my head in sometimes!! it's just the age (at least I hope it bloody is!).

Sounds like you keep her happy, so hopefully it will pass soon and yes you do need to be firm, we are or she tries to play around with us!

I was watching a reality problem the other day where the mom was having a problem with her boy always saying no. She was told to try and offer her todler a choice. So instead of saying to her boy, do this, she would offer two options and let him think about it. It really worked. he felt involved in the decision and stop just saying no.

Im on a behavioural management course this week through work so i hope that might give me a bit of insight.

Although they say you shouldn't ever expect to manage behaviour in under 2's!!

Bul***t in my opinion, they need to start somewhere and know what you expect of them from the start, imagine letting them do anything they wanted untill their 2nd birthday??!!!! :dohh:

Hun jack is 2 and he is advanced for his age and when he is good he is brilliant but when he is naughty he is terrible. what is worse is if i say no he laughs in my face and ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i so have to bite my cheek.
Kids and there phases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->