Really struggling with almost 6 month old

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
I'm really struggling with my baby who won't nap, constantly moans, wants to be held but even holding doesn't make him happy anymore. I've neglected my house; my eldest child and I feel useless at the moment

I really don't know what he wants and why he doesn't sleep? He gets very tried and won't even take breast at times and even if he falls asleep he wakes up after 5 mins. I'm even thinking to stop breastfeeding just to see if that may help or give me a break cause right now I'm finding all this hard.

for example, all yesterday he only napped for an hour the whole day, he literally just cried and moaned even when out in the car he was unhappy. When we got home in the evening I put him to sleep expecting him to finally give in. I put him down once he slept. I was starving so came down for a quick bite but as soon as I sat down with my food he was awake screaming :dohh:

That sounds really hard. Is it possible he's teething? My boys always eat and sleep less when they're teething. Or maybe a bug?

How does he do in a carrier? That's always my go to... fussy baby's in one now :)

Perhaps he's just overtired and needs to catch up to reset. Maybe put a show on for your eldest and lock yourself away with baby in a dark room with white noise and just hold baby, rocking and shushing, swaddling maybe, just to get in one good nap and maybe he'll feel better?

Is he weaned yet ? If not maybe he is hungry . However my angel of a six month old is not her usual self either at the moment . Constant whining .. Never happy for more than 5 mins no matter what I do ! I'm putting it down to teething at the moment . I'm so exhausted right now

My friend had the exact same problem with her DS. He's 4 months so slightly younger and also BF and he was never happy. Moan constantly slept terribly, constantly wanting to be on the breast and my friend said that she had had enough. I really felt for her. Turns out her DS not only had tongue tie but also upper lip tie so the poor thing wasn't feeding effectively. He's had his TT cut and she's currently waiting for an appointment for the ULT but she said even since having the TT done he's easier than he was previously. All of her HV even her BF consultant missed them!

It might not be the case with your LO but it's the first thing that popped to mind. I feel for you, I saw how hard my friend had it. Hope it gets easier for you soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->