Really struggling

SpringCrane

Reaction score
The worst pregnancy side-effect for me, by far, is dealing with my sensitive nose. There has been some awful hormonal switch that has caused me to be repelled by my husband's smell. It's really upsetting. I want so badly to cuddle, be intimate, and be close to him, but I can't. He showers twice a day, once before work and once after his run in the evening, he's very clean, has good oral hygiene... I know he doesn't actually smell, but my nose just can't take his pheromones anymore. I use Vicks Vapor Rub under my nose each night, but some nights it's still not enough. I have to scoot all the way onto the edge of the bed, facing away, and block my face with a blanket or sheet. It's terrible! I can cuddle up with my dog and snuggle my face into his fur and be perfectly fine, but my husband's smell is terrible to me. It's not fair!

We haven't been intimate in weeks, and it's taking a huge toll on me. I miss him so much. Even our kisses hello/goodbye/goodnight are quick pecks now as I can't keep my face near his. It's really wrecking me emotionally!

I try to be rational and explain to myself the biology behind it to make myself feel better, but dammit I just want to be close to him!

I feel like I'm the only one dealing with this, which makes me feel even worse. He and I have talked about it, but there really isn't anything either of us can do. I miss him so much.

I just needed to get that out. Thanks for listening, ladies.

Has he tried switching body was or putting on some sort of body spray?

I'm allergic to most colognes/perfumes, so that wouldn't work. (I'd just end up sneezing nonstop.) We use the same soap, and that smell is fine, but it doesn't really cover the smell of him up close. It's just his pheromones, and they are hard to change! Thanks for the suggestion though!

i have a sensitive nose and have to sleep away from my husband too.............his chewing gum repulses me other smells are really annoying/ great

been sniffing creosote recently !!!!

Same for me, my nose is on hyper drive. My DH got some vitamin supplements that help, there's this one called body mint. Otherwise to be intimate I have him suck on a very strong candy like mint or cinnamon and the smell of that overs up the smell I cannot handle

We have a natural pharmacy in our state that deals with naturopathic/homeopathic/aromatherapy remedies. If I had this scenario, I would go in and see if they could suggest something or mix up a 'potion' to help. Maybe something like that might be a good idea if you have that sort of option available? You poor thing. :hugs: it must be so frustrating for both of you. I hope you can find a solution soon. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->