really struggling..

taughtandlost

Reaction score
Argh! So Jacob's decided to spend as much time as possible crying over the last couple of weeks. Before this phase we had sorted out his colic and he was reasonably easy to handle. He would just get grumpy when he needed to get off to sleep. But now he's just turned into a demon baby and it's so hard spending most of my time just trying to stop him crying. He's got teeth coming through and is probably going through a growth spurt but I took him to the docs yesterday and he said there's no infection or anything and he's probably just going through a phase.

It's really horrible but I almost wish there was something wrong so we could fix it and get back to how he was before. I'm giving him nurofen for his teeth, gripe water for wind, colief for colic, teething gel and anything else I can think of! It's just really tiring trying to stop him cry and feeling like I never get any 'fun' time with him.

A friend of mine said her son was like this until he could crawl and walk just cos he was bored. And he's just over 3 months so it won't be long til he's on the move but I need sympathy please ladies! Anyone else with a nightmare baby?

:hugs:

do you use bonjela on his teeth? because thats good stuff.

Do you leave him to cry it out sometimes?? I know what you mean when you say you cant spend your time trying to comfort him all the time. Just leave him in his cot...for 10 minutes so you have that time to collect yourself as i know it is stressful.
Also, do you have a baby gym for him? Where he lays under it? That was a god send for me...or a door bouncer??

I hope he feels happier soon xx

Hi Hun,

I'm the same here, but I have a baby gym and this only entertains her for 5 mins and shes off again! Its getting near impossible to take her out and get anything done because she'll go off on one again lol! Ikea was not fun today! Its even harder everyone telling you how wonderful and good their babies are and how they sleep through the night! Got to admit the green eyed monster comes out! I wish Lily was like that!!!

lol i know what you mean by saying demon or nightmare baby lol, its great shes occasionally quiet and smiling, but most of the time its so hard and I have a constant headache! Doesnt help my OH having long ours and telling me how tired he is after a 10 hour kip! If only!!!

We'll have to swap horror stories hehe, I think you can only understand how upsetting how hard it is if you've been through colic and an unhappy baby :-(

I do have a baby gym too, but like you say it doesn't take long before he's bored of that! And also have the husband out most of the time and then complaining about how hard it is to look after him when he's home on the weekend (with me still doing most of the work!)

:hugs: I hope he gets better soon. Could just be because he's teething and it might get better soon - those gel things that you put in the fridge for them to bite on are really good. Is he better when you're holding him or is it all the time? Maybe you could try him in a sling or carrier to keep him near you? x x

:hug: i know how hard it is my baby has colic and has such bad days when he keeps crying and nothing will stop him all i can suggest is a bouncer and keep trying different positions sitting up or lieing on front or maybe one of those playmats might stop the crying a bit if hes a bit entertained by something, it can be such hard work when there like this and is very stressfull and tiring:hugs: xx

I know these might not work for long, but might give your some quite time, are you able to drive him around? That works for Noah when he is fussy. Also I fount that if I take him outside even just for a mintue it will shut him up, so sometimes I just walk him around and its something about the sounds that at times have put him to sleep. And if all else fails you could try swaddling, they even make ones that fit in the car seat :) Hope my ideas help. :hugs: to you.

thanks for all your advice guys. so I've been taking him out for walks a couple of times a day and he likes being outside and tends not to cry while we're out so i'm just wandering around with him when I need a break! Also, it's officially too early, but I tried moving him into his own room a couple of nights ago and both nights he's slept at least 8 hours in one go so that has helped loads. he's still having his moments a few times a day but the walks and better sleep at night are helping me keep my sanity!

Im glad you've found something that keeps him entertained so you can have some time to do other things.

My kids like being outside too, and the only way to settle them was to take them outside. My daughter loved being put in her pram with her "greenhouse" on when it was pouring down....that would send her to sleep in minutes.

so glad things are getting better hun,

thinking of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"