Really weird pop up that directs me to App Store?!

katherinegrey

Reaction score
I've had this twice in 10 minutes now! No time to screen shot even, some random animated guy popped up then straight off to App Store which I promptly closed.

One might have been a betting thing?

iPhone 5s in the UK on safari.

Me too. iPhone 5 on safari also. Keeps sending me to App Store x

I get a pop up every few screens. It overtakes my current screen, and is a link for a game. It has the option to cross off but every time I do it just takes me to the App Store.

Yes I have, just saw this post had it for a few days now on and off

Is this still a problem? If so could you please answer the following questions:

Device
Mobile version or desktop if using a handheld device
Browser
Ad company/product
Can you close the ad
Frequency after closing the ad
Any further information you feel is relevant including feedback
Screenshot (really helpful)

Thanks x

iPhone
Mob website
Safari
Can't close the app
See above
Stays the same eventually does down

Haven't hadnitntoday, took the screenshot when i originally posted

Hi, same thing happening to me, using iPhone/ on safari when on B&B, very annoying. Hope there's a fix x

Just had it now, ironically after reading this thread x

I'm not really clear how frequently it is appearing? Is it just once but a pain to close or ...?

x

Had this maybe 4 or 5 times over the last few weeks. Same advert, iPhone 6 on safari mobile site. I'm on here most days, several times a day so doesn't happen every time I connect or refresh.

I had lots of problems with pop ups, very frequent this morning (3-6am) each time I clicked to read a post it would redirect to the iTunes Store or to a site where I've won an iPhone. Ive cleared cookies, reset my phone etc I assume it's a problem with my iPhone.

Redirecting to the app store is a different issue as these are pop-ups that have been reported.

Could you take screen shots please?

Less than a handful in a couple of weeks closed only once would not be seen as disruptive/aggressive ads. x

I've had the same one, probably less than once a day though. It's a pop-up but then if you press the 'x' to close it opens up App Store (though that might be my fat fingers accidentally clicking on the ad).
Hope that helps :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->