really worried about breast lump. advice please

mummalou

Reaction score
Hi all,

have been going mad the last week or so because of this. I found a small lump in my right breast a week ago an inch above my nipple. Im breast feeding my 7week old. I went to the gp who said he thought it was nothing to worry about and that it felt like a clogged duct but offered to refer me for an ultrasound which Im going to do but I just wanted to see if anyone has had the Same thing as me. Its about 3mm across and feels either ovoid or round depending on the angle. It is firm but not rock hard and it is smooth with no particular edges. It does not hurt at all. Its not visible on the surface, you have to press down to find it. It does not seem to change but I cant make it go either. Have been trying to get rid of it with hot flannels and massaging but no luck as yet. Any similar experiences would be appreciated just to help me get through the next week or so.

thanks very much

A girl I know had a clogged duct that did not hurt. I don't know much else about hers, but apparently they don't always hurt (lucky!)

I had a clog that I got most of the way out. It was no longer noticeable on the outside but if I pressed hard, I could feel it deep. It took a little over a week but it eventually came out. I KNEW mine was a clog though because it had been a typical clog before. I would definitely be doing what you're doing though! You can never be too careful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->