Really worried about Maria

The social worker said he's also struggling to set boundaries and limits to her behaviour in the visits which might be confusing her a lot.

Ok so he has no control. And is possibly frightening her with his methods.
It just sounds like a disaster and they have moved too quickly for them both. Although they have maybe decided he isn't a risk so going by the book no reason to stick to supervised visits. But maybe he needs parenting lessons?

Social work need to be fully aware that she is deeply affected. I would ask for a physiologist to be involved to avoid any long term damage.

I think parenting lessons are exactly what he needs, wonder if they have them here. I need to explain all of this at her care plan meeting on Tuesday.

Good plan. I'm sure they must have something that he could attend or at least be able to point him in the direction of a good book.
I can't be easy for him either having your kid not wanting to know you
Hope they understand where you are coming from. Keep us posted.

Will do, thanks for your ideas and advice.

How did the meeting with the social workers go today?

Went ok. I told them my concerns and we're going to have my support worker come observe us and see how clingy she is and they suggested that I start having short separations from Maria to go to the shop with plenty of reassurance beforehand. Also told my concerns to her nurse at her 5 year appointment yesterday and she's going to consult with the child psychologist about it.

However, her dad was there and things between him and Maria went much better actually. She separated from me happily after we finished at her check up and went to the meeting place for her visit time with her dad. Not sure but maybe it helped her to see us both at the same time so it was an easier transition for her. But she was very happy with him, giving him lots of cuddles and kisses so something has changed for her I think.

Also he is doing so much better now so I feel more confident about their visits so maybe my own attitude is coming across to Maria as well. He's off the cannabis completely now and on proper medication and keeping up his out-patient care. Even the social workers were saying how changed he is. On the whole, I feel much more positive since yesterday.

Good seeing you both at the same time has to have helped. That is exactly why I was asking could a 3rd person attend the visit.

Hopefully she will settle down in her own time now she is a little bit happier seeing her Dad.

Glad there is more positive than negative news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->