Really Worried...

Willow82

Reaction score
So I had a midwife appointment on Friday and had blood taken. Today, I had a voicemail from the doctors asking me to ring them about my blood results. They rang about 10 but I didn't see it until nearly 3. I rang them back and spoke to the receptionist who said that the on call doctor wasn't on call anymore but that she would send him a message. He rang me back ten minutes later but my stupid phone rang for half a second before it stopped. We're on holiday at the moment and I've barely had any reception on my phone today, so I wasn't able to ring them back.

I'm just really worried about what is so urgent. Also, I have a feeling of constant lightheadedness. I experienced it this morning and kept having to sit down but now it seems constant even if I'm sitting down. Can this wait until tomorrow? The problem is we're staying in a small town, otherwise I would contact the gp out of hours back home. I don't know what to do. The constant lightheadedness and the phone call is really bothering me.

Maybe it is something to do with your iron levels. I was called after my bloods and given a prescription for iron and folic acid. I have been feeling tired and light headed.

Sounds like your iron may be a bit low from your 28 week bloods so they're just ringing to let you know and arrange a prescription for tablets...? :)

Can you just go in and ask for the results??

Don't panic, if it was something really urgent they'd keep trying you and pass you over to the off duty doctor to keep trying if it went past surgery hours. With my 1st I had the same situation, missed calls and a voicemail saying call back urgently, then no doctor was there to speak to me and I had to wait overnight worrying like mad. Turned out they'd got the results of my 12 week blood tests and wanted to tell me that I was pregnant :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:.

Don't panic, if it was something really urgent they'd keep trying you and pass you over to the off duty doctor to keep trying if it went past surgery hours. With my 1st I had the same situation, missed calls and a voicemail saying call back urgently, then no doctor was there to speak to me and I had to wait overnight worrying like mad. Turned out they'd got the results of my 12 week blood tests and wanted to tell me that I was pregnant :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:.

Ha! That's cheered me up. :) Yeah, I'm trying to be a bit calmer about it and will just ring them when surgery opens tomorrow. I think it was the feeling of constant lightheadedness that was making me freak out a bit, especially as we're not at home.

I can't believe how much harder this pregnancy has been compared to my first-possible anaemia, SPD, pregnancy insomnia and restless leg syndrome so far.

it will be your iron levels so they will want you to take iron tablets. I had my blood taken on a Friday and on the Monday the doctor phoned saying I was anaemic, and needed iron tablets. been on them about a month now they have helped with the dizziness, I find it hard to remember to take them though.

Most likely your iron is abit low... try not to worry and ring them back in the morning :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->