Reassurance/honesty needed x

Hay1988

Reaction score
I dont know how to shorten this story down so i may be waffling on. Here goes....i ovulated on september 7th and went for a private scan at 6 weeks 3days and measured bang on. I then went to epau (friday)at 7 weeks 6 days for a reassurance scan due to spotting and bub was measuring 15.8mm and the scan photo said 8 weeks 2days so i was measuring 3 days ahead. I've had another private scan today thinking i would be measuring 9 weeks as its been 5 days since the scan at epu but i'm measuring about 20mm and their picture said 8 weeks 4 days which is only 2days growth in 5 days but bang on if i count from my ovulation date. The lady at epu did an external scan and the lady in the private hospital did an internal scan. we could see arm and leg buds today and it was even wiggling side to side so she said not to worry everything looks fine. So....what do u ladies think should i worry about growth even though itbhas grown 5mm in 5 days? Please be honest xxx

I wouldn't worry. It could be slight inaccuracies due to different scans. Also babies grow in bursts, some days slower some days quicker.

To be honest...I am not certain what the concern is.

For reassurance...babies grow at alarmingly different rates. the norm is always calculated by an average so there are going to be babies bigger and smaller at different points along pregnancy.

Arms and legs were seen. Baby has grown. I think you really have nothing to worry about.

Just think of how some woman at 40 weeks birth 10lb babies while others may birth a 6 pound baby.

The reason i'm concerned is because i've never gotten past the 8 week mark so i'm finding it hard to believe that this is actually happening xx

I wouldn't be worried. Different machines are calibrated differently and a few mm is a big difference in dates so early on. If you've got a heartbeat and movement I don't see why you're worried.

Congratulations, hun, it's seems everything is moving along as it should. And I totally get being worried bc you've never made it this far before...I was the same way with my last (and finally successful) pregnancy. Like others have said, your scan dates will vary and it's okay. My OB's ultrasound machine even has a +-6 out beside the date bc it can be off that much and not mean a thing. I had scans every week from 6 to 13 and then about every 2 to 3 weeks bc of my previous miscarriages and I don't think I ever measured exactly where I 'should' have from the previous scan. Hoping at some point you'll be able to enjoy this pregnancy rather than stress about it....I think I was in 3rd tri b/4 I actually realized it was happening LOL

Thanks so much scout. I have a feeling i am going to be spending alot of money on scans in the next few months lol. Xx

When the baby is that small it's really easy for them to measure it slightly differently which would cause a discrepancy. Dating scans are done at 10 weeks + because they're more accurate then.

It may also be that baby had a growth spurt just before the first scan which put you a bit ahead.

As long as it isn't measuring way behind there's nothing to worry about :)

Please try not to worry, baby is cm's in size, so humans are marking differences of only mm's, there's bound to be some human error. Plus, as other have said 'normal' should actually be called 'average'

Try stop worrying, I know it's hard. But all these scans are going to do is confuse you.
Will you have a scan at 12 weeks? That should give you a better idea :)
Everything sounds fine to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->