reassurance scan

Bumpontherun

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I got a BFP on Saturday. My period was six days late and I pretty much knew I was pregnant but I've had a chemical in the past so held off testing as long as I could. I got 2-3 weeks on a CB digi on Sunday also.

I have 2 little girls aged 5 & 7 and have had 2 miscarriages at around the 6 week mark since we've been TTC #3 After my last mc the lady at the EPU said that they would scan me at 8weeks in my next pregnancy for reassurance.

Of course it's summer holidays and we're away a lot. The day I turn 7 weeks we are due to fly to Sweden to visit family for 2 weeks. Do you think there is any chance EPU would scan me early at 6+6? Having had 2 mc and 1 chemical I'm unbearably anxious and the thought of going away for 2 weeks not knowing if I have a viable pregnancy or not is just heartbreaking. I know the chances are I will miscarry next week and this won't even be an issue but I was wondering if anybody had experience of the NHS being sympathetic to this sort of thing. My husband has said absolutely no to paying £90 for a private scan.

You can always ask, but personally I wouldn't want a scan at 6 weeks. They are so variable and if you are off a day or two with dates, it can make a huge difference in what they see, which can trigger all sorts of panic. But there's no harm in asking. Here, they don't offer them even at 8 weeks and it seems really variable depending on where you are. I did have a private scan and it was incredibly reassuring and worth every p.

Thanks for the replies. I think I will wait and see if I'm still pregnant by the middle of next week. I didn't feel sick at all yesterday and was convinced it was all over but felt horrible again this morning so I guess that's a good sign.

I had a scan at 6&6 and at 7&6 (and also 8&1) and all scans were late enough to see a heartbeat but not a guarantee it's a viable pregnancy. With my lash MMC I had a perfect scan at 8 weeks at miscarried at 10&2 (baby had Down syndrome). So although the 8&1 scan is reassuring it's still early and I could miscarry until 12 weeks because of chromosome issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->