Recipe Thread... yum....

Twinminator

Twingirls2yrs+babygirl
Reaction score
For all us ladies out there desperately in need of inspiration, can someone pleeeease share with us their moreish, delicious yet simple suppers / lunches / etc etc so that the uninspired amongst us can think "Coorrr, yeah, I'll have a go at that!!! Slobber slurp dribble..." More so the kind of combos that some of us may not think to throw together perhaps, but 'just works'....?

There's one thing I like and that's tinned mackerel in tomato, heated with a dab of curry powder and a teaspoon of salad cream, (bear with me, I swear it's gorg!) and piled onto toast (gluten free for me boooo) with a bit of mixed leaf and a drizzle of Blue Dragon sweet chilli sauce. :dance:
But I can't live off that (sadly).

1: Many thanks! and 2: I challenge someone to try that and NOT be hooked :winkwink:

Good thread starter Twinminator,especially with the cold nights coming in

I was thinking about starting a thread about slow cooker recipes,you know everything in the one pot,easy but healthy wholesome food and also because I just bought a slow cooker and don't know what to cook in it LMAO!!!

And Im gonna give yours a try,like the thread is all about getting someone else's ideas/recipe's and giving them a try!!!

I've got a slow cooker, bought it for last winter and have used it twice...! :blush:
I know it's a bad excuse, as if I'm serious about eating properly I've got to be more organised, but I tend to find I think about "What's for tea?" at about 5pm. My MIL will say "I've got so-and-so in the slow cooker for tea" and I think I'll definitely use mine the next day, but I just don't think Tea Thoughts in the morning!!! :haha:

But yeah, I'm hoping we get a good mix of recipes that range from stuff you wang in the slow cooker / oven and forget about for hours, to the kind of recipes that take seconds to assemble but are a bit different and above all taste lush :)

For all us ladies out there desperately in need of inspiration, can someone pleeeease share with us their moreish, delicious yet simple suppers / lunches / etc etc so that the uninspired amongst us can think "Coorrr, yeah, I'll have a go at that!!! Slobber slurp dribble..." More so the kind of combos that some of us may not think to throw together perhaps, but 'just works'....?

There's one thing I like and that's tinned mackerel in tomato, heated with a dab of curry powder and a teaspoon of salad cream, (bear with me, I swear it's gorg!) and piled onto toast (gluten free for me boooo) with a bit of mixed leaf and a drizzle of Blue Dragon sweet chilli sauce. :dance:
But I can't live off that (sadly).

1: Many thanks! and 2: I challenge someone to try that and NOT be hooked :winkwink:

Do you have celiac, or the like? Do you want only gluten free recipes?

Siegal, no, it's fine, it's not just a thread for me, I know loads of ladies who could do with inspiration so anything would be good :thumbup:

Besides which, I can get gluten free pasta, flours, breads etc (just doesn't taste as good, or cost as little either booo!)

But thanks for thinking of me, aww :blush: :haha:

Pumpkin/butternut squash soup and a nice ciabatta or focaccia bread to dunk in it. I make a few variations on such soup as I love it.
Pumpkin and parsnip soup (Yummy!!) with a little basil. Roast or stir fry the pumpkin and parsnip with a little salt and olive oil. Whizz it up with a little water and basil leaves and heat through.
Roasted butternut squash soup. Roast the squash with a little olive oil and nutmeg or all spice and once cooked and a little brown with that yummy sugary layer round it, whizz up in a blender whilst heating with a little water to make it more soup like. Feel free to add a veggie stock cube if salt needed.
Pumpkin and sweet potato soup. Again roast pumpkin and potato but with a little salt and black pepper and whizz in blender with a little water, cream or creme fraiche and ensure it's warmed through.

All recipes can be blended super fine or left with a few chunks as they work both ways.

Mmmmmmmmm..........

Of cooourse, we're coming up to parsnip weather !!!!! Y-U-M-M-Y!!
Although I'll just roast them and eat them, they probably wouldn't make it into a soup lol xx

Of cooourse, we're coming up to parsnip weather !!!!! Y-U-M-M-Y!!
Although I'll just roast them and eat them, they probably wouldn't make it into a soup lol xx

This is why you make extra :winkwink: Enough for soup and you can munch on some whilst making the soup.

I love cooking and love eating even more.

Ok couple of ideas (not that healthy but yummy)
Tuna/pasta bake; chop 1 onion and 1/2 sticks of celery and sweat(cook) in a saucepan until soft. In the mean time put some water on and make a white sauce (2oz melted butter with 2/3 oz plain flour cook in pan for 1/2 mins then add gradually 3/4 pint of semi skimmed milk until smooth, sauce is ready when it has thickened up.) Also when water is boiling add tagliatelle pasta and cook for however long it says minus 1 minute. Grate some cheese and add to the thickened white sauce. Drain 1/2 tins of tuna and add to the sauce along with the celery and onion. When the pasta is cooked stir in the sauce and pour into an over proof dish. Sprinkle on top some cheese and onion crisps and some crushed crisp breads (crushed in a polythene bag using a rolling pin) put in the oven until crispy on top (say gas mark 5/6)

or Sausage & Beans Bake;

chop an onion and fry in a pan with sliced mushrooms (5-6) while they are cooking I grill 5/6 sausages and half a packet of streaky bacon (once they are browned chop them up and add them to the pan (while that is cooking boil some water and put peeled pots in to make mashed potatoe for your topping) remove pan with sausages/onions etc if you are waiting for the potatoes to cook/mash. Add 1-2 tins of beans to your sausage mix also add 1/4 beef gravy, a dash of lea and perrins worcestershire sauce, and a dollop of ketchup. heat through gently then put into over proof dish. add the mash on top and sprinkle on top some cheese (grated or sliced) then put into oven gas mark 5 until cooked on top.

These sound like hard work but they are not really and are great on cold days. :)

I actually cook a lot --- its like a hobby, especially since I grew up in the restaurant business (more deli-like than fancy though). You just need to kind of tell me a genre and I am sure I can come up w/ something unique for you (especially b/c I live on another continent w/ different flavors).

This is what I would totally make now for breakfast or a snack if I had all the ingrediants in the house!
PB smoothie:
fill up your blender 1 banana (soft), a tablespoon or 2 of honey, a few ounes of soymilk (regular milk, or w/e), a few tablespoons of Peanut Butter, and about a cup of ice --- blend. You can also add a squirt of chocolate sauce in it. I didn't give exact measurements b/c everyone has different sweetness and peanut butter preferences. It sounds boring but its AMAZING!!! (and healthy for baby-- full of protein and calcium)

I've just made a chilli type thing for the kids. It's one onion and 2 cloves of garlic chopped, mushroom if you like it, 1tsp (or more to taste) chilli powder, stock cube (veggie one for us) tin chopped tomatoes, tin of baked beans (kids don't like kidney beans) and quorn mince. Fry off onions/garlic/mushroom, add the chilli and stir through for a minute, Add stock cube and a bit of water from kettle. Stir through again. Add mince, stir again, add tomatoes and baked beans. Simmer while you cook the rice. I also add a bit of spinach right at the end.
Yum!

Hey ladies! This is a great thread I'll try and rack my brain for some recipes. In the mean time I have 2 websites worth checking out. allrecipes.com is a good one because you can see photos of the finished dish and the reviews are good on the recipes. PLUS you can even search through recipes using an ingredient search if you have stuff you want to use up. Also https://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/ is a GREAT site.

Have a recipe for a chicken dish that doesnt take a great deal of cooking/watching...

Fry up chunky chopped onion and sweet peppers, add a tin or two of chopped tomatoes.

Add Tabasco and chilli flakes or other herbs spices you like.

Put into oven dish as many chicken breasts as needed then cover with sauce so they are pretty much covered.

Bung in oven until chicken is cooked, probably about 40mins to hour.

Serve with...Rice, baked spud, pasta, boiled potatoes, new potatoes.... okay I think you get the drift hehe

Also have a yummy recipe for a cheesecake

For "normal" sized cheesecake will need 1/2 pack of digestives (or other biscuits) and butter to bind. Smash biscuits and mix into melted butter. Press into flan case/cheesecake tin etc. Put in fride to set.

500g of soft cheese (pasteurised so something like Philadelphia)
1/2 or all of a large bar of Toblerone

Melt chocolate, let cool a little but not reset....mix in cheese....stick on base.....fridge til set....eat

Also have a yummy recipe for a cheesecake

For "normal" sized cheesecake will need 1/2 pack of digestives (or other biscuits) and butter to bind. Smash biscuits and mix into melted butter. Press into flan case/cheesecake tin etc. Put in fride to set.

500g of soft cheese (pasteurised so something like Philadelphia)
1/2 or all of a large bar of Toblerone

Melt chocolate, let cool a little but not reset....mix in cheese....stick on base.....fridge til set....eat

OMG, L-U-S-H!!! :thumbup: I've done something similar, but with Philly and lemon curd, no need for any melting though obviously, just whip em up together. It's very effective and takes no time to make. :)

Oh yes I have done a lemon curd one too *rubs tummy*

Recenty I also went on a baking spree and made lemon and orange cupcakes with lemon and orange icing.

Just used a bog standard sponge recipe and added lemon and orange flavorings, got OH to test cake batter for flavouring because of raw eggs. Stuck in cupcake cases and baked, then made up glace icing (icing sugar and warm water) and also added the flavouring to that too....not sure how they tasted as son and his friends ate most of the hehehe, and he isn't normally one to eat homemade cakes

I love cooking and love eating even more.

or Sausage & Beans Bake;

chop an onion and fry in a pan with sliced mushrooms (5-6) while they are cooking I grill 5/6 sausages and half a packet of streaky bacon (once they are browned chop them up and add them to the pan (while that is cooking boil some water and put peeled pots in to make mashed potatoe for your topping) remove pan with sausages/onions etc if you are waiting for the potatoes to cook/mash. Add 1-2 tins of beans to your sausage mix also add 1/4 beef gravy, a dash of lea and perrins worcestershire sauce, and a dollop of ketchup. heat through gently then put into over proof dish. add the mash on top and sprinkle on top some cheese (grated or sliced) then put into oven gas mark 5 until cooked on top.

These sound like hard work but they are not really and are great on cold days. :)

Thanks for this i think i'll try it!! my lot love sausages and beans sure to be a hit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->