recovery after ectopic and left salpingectomy

squeak01

Reaction score
Hi,

quick background, i had a mmc at 7wk 4 days when i was supposed to b 9 weeks in jan, we started trying again in march and gt bfp on the 1st of aug only to discover on the 14th that the pregnancy was ectopic which resulted in the removal of my left fallopian tube.

Its been 4 wks now since the surgery and im taking it day by day. Some times im fine and other days its such a struggle just to even get out of bed. Im writing th is post to just get it out and hopefulky get answers to some queries.

I have been told by the consultant who performed the surgery that all other reproductive organs and the remaining tube are healthy and he seen no problems based on this he says he does not think there will be a large rdduction in my fertility. Has anyone here successfully managed to get pregnant unassisted after a similar experience?

Its not my intention to try again soon as ive had such a traumatic year i dont think i could cope if i had to go through this again soon. The reason i ask is i get so upset that i may not even have a choice now.

also how did you feel physically after the op? Ive noticed a pressure feeling when emptying bladder thats only there when doing so. Ive spoken to the dr who is testing for uti but so far iv had 2 results of mixed growth so now have to hand in a third sample! Ive had a feeling now , as well as a very very tiny amount of brown spotting, for about a week that af is coming but so far hasnt shown and all symptoms have stopped today. Its very fustrating as if my cycle started again i feel i can start to have some confidence that my body is returning to normal.

is

Hi,

I might not be much help, but I know how you feel. I had an abdominal pregnancy at 9 weeks pregnant. The baby bursted through my tube and implanted on my bladder. They discovered it when I went to the doctor in pain and they did an ultrasound; they took me into surgery immediately. They cauterized my tube, so I still have it, but because of scar tissue it makes ectopic more likely to happen again. I honestly think it might have been better if they just removed that tube so I don't have to deal with it again.

After it happened I was very depressed though, I never left the house and I didn't talk to anyone besides OH for like a month, maybe more. I feel like nobody understands how it felt except for people on this forum who have had it happen. People acted like it wasn't really a big deal, just saying they were sorry, and some people were even relieved saying that I was too young anyways... of course they don't know that we were actually TRYING to get pregnant, but I feel that saying things like that is out of line and none of their business.

Oh and I do feel pressure in that area when we get "intimate" so to speak. Not sure what that is all about.

It has gotten easier as more time passes, but I still cry once in a while, and I still don't want to get out of bed once in a while. I wish the best to you and hopefully we both get our rainbow babies soon.
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->