Rectal Pressure and Pain - 15+1

Ellivort

Reaction score
Oh the questions we are willing to ask in a public pregnancy forum :p

Last night, just before bed I suddenly start feeling some rectal discomfort, which eventually grew to pain and pressure to the point that I couldn't sit comfortably so I went to bed. When lying down (on my side) it was still hurting, like a throbbing ache. I jiggled bugaboo in case it was positioning to try to get the baby to move, but it still was very uncomofrtable.

This morning it is better, no throbbing, but painful right at the rectal area. When i empty my bladder that little bit of effort to get it out is painful. I started googling and got a whole ranged of things, so i figured I'd ask here.

I am not constipated and didn't need or have a bm. I have Crohn's so my stool, even in pregnancy is very loose (sorry if TMI).

Just wondering if this is normal. I am glad the pressure has gone away because that is what really had me worried. There is no bleeding and no fluid leaking or anything. I feel otherwise well other than the pain at the rectum area.

I don't feel or see any hemmorhoids or anything out of the ordinary down there.

I put in a call to the OB, but they are off today. Hoping someone can shed some light.

Thanks!:blush::blush::blush:

Well this doesnt seem normal to me, but honestly Ive never personally experienced something like this until I was in active labor. It could be your body slowly adjusting its organs to make room for baby. But I would keep a close eye on it till your able to get ahold of a doctor. If you notice the pressure is starting to be felt around the crotch area, I would go to the emergency room just to be safe.

Best of luck and keep us updated!

Now im beginning to wonder if its not pain in the perianal area that is radiating into the rectum? Can't reach my OB and even the OB clinic is not answering their line. Doesn't anyone work on a friday ! Very frustrating :(

Did you get an answer? I only realised when I got some pressure on Friday, and a shooting pain up my bum that I did get this with ds too. Shooty bum I call it! It's never long lasting or too painful though

Im thinking it might be a urine infection cause i had the same feeling u should get it checked.

Turns out I did have a uti. What a weird symptom. Never had that before! It's better now

Might just be normal pains regardless of UTI. I've had rectal pain and pressure since 12 weeks and it just depends where the baby is laying. I also have IBS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->