Recurrent chemicals?

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry I feel like a fraud in here :( but really need some advice.

Been TTC for 2 cycles (again sorry i know lots of you have been trying for ages) and both times Ive had a BFP followed by BFN. Is anyone in the sameboat? Is there something wrong with me to have had 2 in a row? Should I go to the doctors?

I just feel so deflated :cry:

Hi Blah.

I'm sorry, I don't know an awful lot about recurrent chemicals. But would be very interested in hearing what the other girls have to say.

I'm so sorry for your losses but try not to get disheartened xoxo

As far as I know recurrent chemicals would be treated like any other recurrent mc - but they prob won't do anything till you have 3 - make sure that you are logging these with the dr too - it is worth getting it on your medical records. Check out the miscarriage associations leaflet on recurrent mc for info on what testing they look at.

Hope you have that sticky bfp soon

hx

Hey Blah I posted a similiar thread after my 3rd one and while all the ladies in here were supportive none really knew much either...so off to the doctor I went. And yep unitl I had my third they would d testing so I found a new dooc and he agreed there is a problem. The only thing I seem to notice different about my body is I seem to bruise extremely easy about the time I mc..at the moment I have about 25 different unexplained bruises that I have had since the mc...I am being tested for a clotting issues, lupos and thyroid along with a bunch of other things. Good luck

Have you been charting your temps? Do you know the length of your luetal phase? I'm not sure exactly, but don't know if it might be because the egg hasn't got enough time to implant itself properly, before your body is gearing up ready to have a period. I have a feeling this might also be happening to me as I have a short luetal phase of only 8-9 days.

I, too, am in a somewhat similar situation...
I had faint but definite BFPs that turned negative and a late period in both April and May, so I am assuming they were both chemicals.

Previously, I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks (but the baby died at 8 weeks). I also have a 2 year old son.

The thing is, I am overweight, and know that even if I went to the doctor they would just tell me to lose weight. (Which I AM doing, but it doesn't fall off overnight!)

I know that I have a long luteal phase (15-16 days), but that's about it.

I guess when I get the weight off then I'll see a doc about it. :-(

I am in the same boat as well. I had a mc this past cycle... tests were getting lighter and lighter... So i went in to have blood work just to get it in my records... (first was positive Hcg levels, second was back to zero) I am pretty sure I had one back in March/April knowing what I went through this month... I never tested but was late and had the same symptoms, and clots, etc.... I had a feeling then, but wasn't sure until this time around. The doctor really hasn't said much. Just that she will see me before my annual in January (she is assuming there will be no other issues). I started charting my temps so I have something to give the Dr.s if I need to.

I hope you get a healthy sticky bean soon!!!

Hi Ladies,

I have just suffered a Chemical Pregnancy and I have a LP of 11days with AF arriving on the 12day....My LP was 8/9 days after implanon was removed back in Jan from what I could work out but after I started vit b6 in one whole month my LP went to 11days and has been exactly that for the last 2 cycles now.....could this be a possible reason for my chemical, I know a mimimum is 10days but read on another thread drs like it to be at least 12 days :shrug: oh dear :nope: not good! I mean we did something right this month we caught that eggy but it just wasnt sticky enough....I dont know where to go from here :shrug: I am going to see my dr tom to have it documented on my records and also because I have also been referred for u/s and transvaginal scans which are later this month! I am worried right now something is seriously wrong?

I am having similar. I don't know what last cycle was as I was only testing with IC's. I'm guessing negative but I did see a hint of a line on a few of the tests. So if I count that one it would be 1 m/c and 2 chemicals in a row. If anything like that happens again I am going to see the doctor about it.

It could be nothing but it is still worth getting it checked out. You can hang out in the TTCAL section all you want. A loss is a loss no matter how early it is. Some of us have had chemicals and know how heartbreaking it still can be even if it was so early.

Oh forgot to update, i went to my GP last Thurs xpecting to be told to go away and try for another few months etc etc but she said with my 2 chemicals and the fact that my cycles are long and irregular its best she refers me to infertility clinic right away :D

Hi Ladies,

I have just suffered a Chemical Pregnancy and I have a LP of 11days with AF arriving on the 12day....My LP was 8/9 days after implanon was removed back in Jan from what I could work out but after I started vit b6 in one whole month my LP went to 11days and has been exactly that for the last 2 cycles now.....could this be a possible reason for my chemical, I know a mimimum is 10days but read on another thread drs like it to be at least 12 days :shrug: oh dear :nope: not good! I mean we did something right this month we caught that eggy but it just wasnt sticky enough....I dont know where to go from here :shrug: I am going to see my dr tom to have it documented on my records and also because I have also been referred for u/s and transvaginal scans which are later this month! I am worried right now something is seriously wrong?

Im not sure hun but keep us updated on how your scan goes :hugs: I take comfort in the fact that I've homed a healthy baby for 9 months before so I can do it again.. you can too :hugs:

Have you been charting your temps? Do you know the length of your luetal phase? I'm not sure exactly, but don't know if it might be because the egg hasn't got enough time to implant itself properly, before your body is gearing up ready to have a period. I have a feeling this might also be happening to me as I have a short luetal phase of only 8-9 days.

No my LP is good, 14 days long, AF on what would be day 15 and its the same everyo month of course :shrug: not sure what the problem is.

Good luck with the appt!!!! I hope you get some advice!!! I am still waiting to Ovulate after my mc. (chemical i guess...)

Hi Ladies,

I just got back from the drs and it is as I thought the Dr thinks I have had a early m/c or chemical pregnancy ....she was really nice and urges me to still go for the scan for a u/s and transvaginal I have booked for next week....she is a little puzzled re my lighter than normal af bleeding but has told me everybody is different and just to keep monitoring it and also told us to keep doing what we are doing as it seems we did something right....We are hurting right now but I do feel a little better today than yesterday and I am trying to remind myself that at the end of all this we did catch that eggy when we wasnt sure after our experience ttc ds if we could even do that and so cause we did we can do it again!

Thank you for your support Ladies

Sending lots of sticky :dust: XxX

Hi MadlyTTC. I also have a chemical pregnancy. HAd a scan today to rule out Ectopic. Doc is withdrawing the progesterone support so i shud bleed in 2-3 days. It is extremely heartbreaking. And yes- if it happened once it shud happen again too. Atleast I am telling myself that. Doc has advised a cycle break and also a lap next cycle as she feels that MCs can be caused by bad egg quality which she wants to rule out.

Hi MadlyTTC. I also have a chemical pregnancy. HAd a scan today to rule out Ectopic. Doc is withdrawing the progesterone support so i shud bleed in 2-3 days. It is extremely heartbreaking. And yes- if it happened once it shud happen again too. Atleast I am telling myself that. Doc has advised a cycle break and also a lap next cycle as she feels that MCs can be caused by bad egg quality which she wants to rule out.

:hugs::kiss::hugs: I have a scan already pre-booked to check my ladybits from last cycle....I was diagnosed with pcos when ttc ds in 2004 and so after serious cramps and pains last cycle my gp arranged for us to have a look! She has told me to still go to this appt and then to arrange a pt re-test in a few wks...I am optimistic that we will caught that next eggy and we will get a sticky bean I am trying to keep my PMA and be strong, I believe its what ttc is all about. My Dr told me that they dont tend to refer until you have 3 m/c`s heartbreaking I know! I hope everything works out for you too hon, keep me posted :hugs::kiss::hugs:

When I had 8 in a row between 5-7weeks, I was sent to see a gyn, only because I demanded, my doc just kept saying 'its just bad luck, keep trying bla bla bla'

All the gyn said was 'well you already have children, so we cant even offer you any fertility tests, go away and keep trying. Bye.'

I hope you have better luck with your appointment! Tho on the upside, I'm now pregnant.. so dont give up hope, I'd convinced myself I would never have another baby!

When I had 8 in a row between 5-7weeks, I was sent to see a gyn, only because I demanded, my doc just kept saying 'its just bad luck, keep trying bla bla bla'

All the gyn said was 'well you already have children, so we cant even offer you any fertility tests, go away and keep trying. Bye.'

I hope you have better luck with your appointment! Tho on the upside, I'm now pregnant.. so dont give up hope, I'd convinced myself I would never have another baby!

Thank you hon, I dont intend to give up :thumbup: its my dream to be a mummy again and your story gives me hope and also that I know in my heart I will be :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->