Recurrent low supply and now pregnant with twins

DollPosse

Reaction score
I would love the breast feed my twins, but with both my other children I had a serious issue with low supply. I couldn't even feed one baby without high doses of medication to increase the supply. It's early I know, but since it happened to me with both of my children I worry about my ability to nurse twins.

How did you know your supply was low? Did your previous babies not gain weight well or something?

I would have thought there was no reason why it would defo happen again and you should give it a go and not worry that you automatically cant feed two.

Make sure you keep latching them often in the early days and the supply should soon ramp up. Drink plenty and eat well. :flower:

I was going to ask the same thing, even slow weight gain is not always an indication of low supply, some babies gain slowly & are perfectly healthy.

Also, pumping doesn't indicate supply either, baby gets much more, pumps aren't really that good at getting milk out!

I think the same, you should try it & see how you get on. Just make sure you get lots of help with positioning & attachment & you feed often in the early days, both those things help to build up a good milk supply.

Could it be worth seeing a lacation consultant in advance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->