Recurring Thrush?

joellis

Reaction score
Hey,

I hope this isn't all TMI but I just wanted to share this incase it helps someone else too.

I used to get recurring vaginal thrush. I'd be all itchy and sore and...unpleasant, treat it with tablet and Canesten cream and it would go away relatively quickly but then be back again in about a month.

When I was pregnant with my first l.o. I saw my dr and was told i couldn't take tablet so switched to pessaries and cream but it still kept coming back.

So was having a bit of a whinge bout it to my health visitor, who recommended Topida Spray as an alternative to the usual creams.

Basically as it is non-contact so you don't have to touch the infected area and risk making things worse. It kills the itching straight away and sorts out the infection just like the creams do but i found it much easier and nicer to use.

Then once its all cleared up you're meant to use it a couple of times a week as a preventative thing. Bit of a pain remembering to do it but I've not had thrush again since so think its worth it.

Apparently recurring thrush is more common than people think and especially during pregnancy so i thought I'd let you know what worked for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->