• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Recurring UTI's

Reaction score
I am now on my 3rd round of antibiotic due to another infection.

Got a scan yesterday, baby was doing great, cervix is perfect, but I worried that something can go wrong if the infection keeps coming back!

Any tips? Drinking tons of cranberry juice and tea!

Herbal tea not regular caffienated tea as that irritates the bowel? I was terrible in my last pregnancy, never stopped until after she was born, so sadly no advice here but I feel your pain!

Thanks!

Did it affect the baby or delivery in any way? I keep reading that it can cause premature labor or low birth rate.

No not at all.. Midwife wasnt concerned either. I guess it would only have further effect if it were left untreated for a long time x

Thank you so much. This makes me feel tons better.

I will keep on taking my antibiotics and drinking my cranberry tea (herbal) and when i see the doc on wednesday I will ask about probiotics!

Did they do a sensitivity culture to make sure you are on the correct antibiotic? Many years ago I used to get recurring UTIs and now know to just avoid a certain class of antibiotic as it doesn't clear them up for me.

You have my sympathy! Thankful I've gotten to wk 37 without one!

Did they do a sensitivity culture to make sure you are on the correct antibiotic? Many years ago I used to get recurring UTIs and now know to just avoid a certain class of antibiotic as it doesn't clear them up for me.

You have my sympathy! Thankful I've gotten to wk 37 without one!

They did. I think. The doctor said we are going to check if we are using the correct medication, and they sent in my urine for multiple testing. I go back on Wednesday for results.

The good thing is that i feel baby moving all the time, Doctor said my cervix and everything else looks fine, and I have very little symptoms other than light cramps.

I hope it all goes away, this is my miracle baby, after 2 years of ttc and tubal removal due to hydrosalpinx.

Week 37! you are almost at the finish line!

Hey there, I'm also onmy 3rd round of antibiotics for a recurring UTI with ecoli on top of it ( how that happened I have no idea!) Some pregnancies will have this issue and out of all my pregnancies this is the first time I've had to put up with it. Make sure you take every single pill and try not to accidentally skip days. If it keeps happening they may put you on another antibiotic for the rest of the pregnancy to make sure you don;t get a kidney or bladder infection. The baby will be ok as I had the same worries that it would hurt the baby, always go with what the Doc/Midwife says and all will be ok :)

Hey there, I'm also onmy 3rd round of antibiotics for a recurring UTI with ecoli on top of it ( how that happened I have no idea!) Some pregnancies will have this issue and out of all my pregnancies this is the first time I've had to put up with it. Make sure you take every single pill and try not to accidentally skip days. If it keeps happening they may put you on another antibiotic for the rest of the pregnancy to make sure you don;t get a kidney or bladder infection. The baby will be ok as I had the same worries that it would hurt the baby, always go with what the Doc/Midwife says and all will be ok :)

Oh My! Did you have lots of symptoms? I had none other than a bit of cramping which prompted me to ask doctor and she tested for UTI.

I go back on Wednesday to see if they are giving me the right meds.

Oh My! Did you have lots of symptoms? I had none other than a bit of cramping which prompted me to ask doctor and she tested for UTI.

I go back on Wednesday to see if they are giving me the right meds.

With the first one yes, I had the burning and odd odor and cramping. The other two were completely incognito if not for a slight smell, maybe a sign it's weakening and getting better, but it still being there really makes me hope it will clear up. I'm almost done with my third antibiotics round and will be starting the other more permanent one on Sunday. I'm glad they are checking to make sure yours will be the right one to use, I'm getting skeptic that mine is even doing that since this whole time they put me on the same antibiotic that hasn't wiped it out yet :/

anyway best of luck to you it clears up 100%

Had my appointment today. Looks like it has cleared up! and I got a bonus treat! Team Pink!!!! Its a girl!

Congrats on your baby girl. I get recurring ones as well. Mine sting so so badly I can't stand it, and I've had five natural births lol. The constant burning when you pee and the afterwards feeling of pain and inflammation. Horrid. I always find guzzling a pint of water then another one shortly after seems to help. When my bladder fills up somehow it stops the pain being as bad. A hot bath that doesn't reach your tummy is great too as is a hot water bottle. I feel for you I hope this is the last of them. Cranberry juice can make things worse and is really only used as a preventative so you don't get them regularly. Best thing is water water water it flushes out the bacteria and kidneys too because you definitely don't want it to turn into a kidney infection. Don't be worried if the antibiotics give you the runs or even thrush. Coconut oil is great for thrush, not so much the runs though. Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->