red mark on face after eating yogurt..

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
when my lb was about 18-19 week old, Dr advised weaning for his reflux, she said i can give him yogurt..
i gave him one (shops own brand) and he was totally fine, then about 2 weeks later (this week) i bought him some 'wildlife choobs' first he had one after his dinner, then hes had half mushed in banana and the other half hes had after, hes had that 2ce, now every time this week after hes had one hes had a red mark near his mouth that lasts about 5 mins, its no where else, and hes fine in him self, not sick, not constipated and doesn't seem in pain or uncomfortable.
ive attached 2 pics although they aren't that good, it looks redder in person.
anyone think its anything to worry about or just that its something new? it could also just be from him knocking his face which he does alot, especially when feeding..

Attachments

• WP_20140925_002.jpg
    WP_20140925_002.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 14
  • WP_20140925_001.jpg
    WP_20140925_001.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 18
just looked and you can barely see the mark, its on the left side of his mouth when you look at him, very faint on the pic but redder in person

My LO always gets this with Ketchup.
it goes within 5-10 mins & doesnt cause any pain etc.

maybe try the shops own brand yogurts again? xx

i carried on giving him them as it wasn't as bad to worry me, ive now noticed its only with the apricot flavour, never with strawberry or raspberry.. my auntie suggested i carry on giving him it if its only a little red mark on his face, and nothing else & doesn't bother him, i searched up about apricots & babies, it says its very rare but obv not impossible, to have an allergy to apples or apricots :s ill probably mention it this week to HV

When she was younger DD1 would get this when eating too many tomatoes (and she LOVES cherry tomatoes), tomato sauce or citrus. Turned out to be eczema, and my doc told me it was quite normal at this age as these food are quite acidic. She grew out of it, so try to avoid this kind of yogurt for a few weeks, and then try it again and see what happens.

i gave him another apricot yogurt the other day, he doesn't seem to get the mark now, so that's a relief, he does have eczema though

As he has eczema, I would just have a look at what's in the yogurts. Usually anything flavoured has got all sorts of nasty stuff in it (unless it's yogurt made specifically for babies), including sugar and fillers of various kinds. Have a look at the ingredients. If it's got more than just yogurt and fruit puree, then I'd switch to something more natural just to be on the safe side. Buying a big tub of natural yogurt and adding your own puree is cheaper and cuts out any gross stuff compared to the little pots of kids or regular adult yogurt. It just lowers the risk of anything causing the eczema to flare up. But I think it's probably nothing to do with food. My daughter used to often get that and it was mostly because of dribble, which they do a lot when eating and especially around that age.

My youngest can't have yoghurt, but when my eldest was under 2 the only yoghurt I gave him was full fat Onken plain yoghurt, all the flavoured ones (including all kiddy ones) especially "low fat" ones are loaded with sugar I really wouldn't be giving them to a baby. Perhaps try plain yoghurt to see if that's better (make sure it's full fat -which can be hard to find as I say we use Onken- low fat yoghurt has other crap in it and you want babies getting all the cream as it were!)

My son always loved the yoghurt plain but as a pp said you can easily add fruit to it if you want to make it more interesting and get extra nutrients which would be better than the sugar laden flavoured yoghurts, but I think it's good for them to have foods without any sugar now and again though. Now at 4 I do let my eldest have the flavoured yoghurts but not as a baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->