Red period-like bleeding, despite good u/s today..

jessica.p

Mother of 2 and TTC #3!
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.. I have been bleeding red since last night. I happened to have an ultrasound today, which went great. Heart heartbeat, saw embryo and yolk sac, everything seemed fine. However, I had this happen to me in October, and I ended up having a missed miscarriage. Saw the HB and everything. This is almost exactly the same stage I was at last time. The only thing that's different this time, is that the tech said something about a tear in my lining near where the gestational sac is attached. Has anyone heard of this before? Or experienced it? She said it COULD be from the tear, but that's about it. She didn't say if the tear is a bad thing or anything or that it's definitely causing the bright red bleeding.

Didn't want to r&r, but nature will do her own thing hun and hopefully, it's just from the tear and isn't anything to worry about. Sorry about your loss last year :hugs:

Hi Hun.
When I was about 7 weeks pregnant I had some bright red bleeding, it lasted about 3 days. When it started, I went in to the doctor, they did an U/S and baby looked okay. They said they saw "something" in my uterus, below baby (they said it could be a piece of my lining, or possibly even a twin I had already miscarried). They had me return in a week to double check that baby was still fine - which he was.

Just thought I'd give you a positive story!
Is there anyway you can contact your doctor to be re checked?

The only thing I want to advise to you is: If you have not already had your blood work done, please go get it checked. If you are RH- you will need a winro shot to prevent your body from creating antibodies.

I hope all goes well
:hugs:

Didn't want to read and run but I have nothing to add, but I want to give you happy thoughts and many hugs. I hope everything works out.

I have had a subchronic hemmorage with both kids. I carried them full term. Bleeding now and scared. Hopefully we will carry our little babies full term.

o2luvJesus, is that what the tear is called? She called it something but I couldn't remember what she called it. I hope that's what the bleeding is from.. at least I'll know the reason behind it. Did your doctor have you do anything different? I just looked it up real quick online and it seems some doctors have women take baby aspirin to make it "bleed itself out." Hmm.. sounds pretty awful lol
Thanks everyone else for the encouragement.. I really need it right now!

It sounds like it could be a sub-choronic haemorrhage. I started to get red spotting shortly after my BFP and an early ultrasound showed the gestational sac, no fetal pole and a small lesion in the uterine lining. I got another ultrasound the next week and there was my tiny baby with a heart beat of 143bpm. I wasn't officially diagnosed with sch until 9 weeks when I had a HUGE bleed (I'm talking hand-sized clots and pink tissues) with nasty cramps. As you can see by my ticker the baby is still here and doing well. :)

Just take it easy and keep an eye on the amount of bleeding. Try to find ways to distract yourself so you're not consumed by worrying. My entire first trimester I had to force myself to forget I was pregnant. It was my only coping skill...

How are you doing? Subchoronic hemmorage is also called hematoma. Sounds like thats it. It's very scary. The best advice I can give you is to stay calm and think positive (yeah, you should see me trying to do this!) But stress is no good for you or baby. Maybe you can ask for a follow up ultrasound in a week or two? Expect the bleeding to get worse but hope for the best. If it does get worse don't freak out TOO much. Just know it's bleeding itself out and give your ob a call. Thinking of you. My scan isn't until Tuesday. Ahhhh!

Hey hun. Hope ur ok, are u still bleeding? So what did ur doc advise? Have u got a follow up apt booked or anything? Iv seen so many cases on here of ladies with bleeding and everything was fine, there is actually a support thread on here i believe for ladies with sub-choronic haemorrhage, just search for it on here (duh,obviously!!)and maybe they can help u more? Bleeding in pregnancy is obviously so so worrying, but thissite has made me realise just how common it is,and i hope ur ok. Also, uv seen ur LOs heartbeat!! :) I know yesterday was a very mixed day for you because of ur previous loss, but try to remember once uv seen a heartbeat the chance of mc drops significantly,im sure to like 2% or something. I know uv been the unlucky 2% before,so not sure how much it will reassure you,but wanted to point it out.

Im so slow,iv just noticed iv got a message in my inbox, guessing its prob from u?!...il have a look now and chat with u properly there!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->