Red raspberry tea?

nnaime

Blessed Mother of 2 little ones
Reaction score
Has anyone used/taken red raspberry tea and had a good experience from it?
I've been reading a lot of good things about it

I've seen ladies on here saying that it worked for them and others say it didn't... I am currently debating on if I should try it or not. It is supposed to be good for getting ready for labor but Im unsure if it has any benefits for after so I have been on the fence about buying a bag as they are usually huge amounts!

https://www.pregnancy.com.au/resources/topics-of-interest/pregnancy/raspberry-leaf.shtml

I found this article on it, and it says dosage in 3rd tri could be 3-4 cups a day so by that number maybe a bix would be worth it. I think I'd stick with maybe 2 a day so I'm getting the benefits.

I'll probably give it a try and I'll definitely update this thread as I go

Haven't really heard anything necessarily negative besides it 'not' helping

Also I've seen some brands of red raspbery tea labeled as feminine health through my searches so apparently it's used as an all around womens wellness tea *shrugs* I remember hearing about it a lot when I was ttc but didn't look into it. Didn't want to interfere with clomid or anything

Hmmm... it might be worth a shot then. I do know that some women make a STRONG cup of it when they feel labor coming on. I really should order some.

Edited to add:

Went ahead and ordered a one pound bag off amazon. Will be here sunday and I hope it helps! I hade a very long labor with DS#1 so if this shortens it at all I will be happy!

I swear by it but then I’ve used it every pregnancy and always had really quick labours and 2nd stages but it’s hard to tell if I would have despite the tea.

Thanks for letting me know this. My labor with DS was hard. 24+ hours of actual labor and a little over 3 hours added to that of straight pushing. He was bigger so that might have had a lot to do with it and it was back labor so the contractions were horrible but Im willing to try anything that might make it a little easier! lol

Thanks for letting me know this. My labor with DS was hard. 24+ hours of actual labor and a little over 3 hours added to that of straight pushing. He was bigger so that might have had a lot to do with it and it was back labor so the contractions were horrible but Im willing to try anything that might make it a little easier! lol

You definitely aren’t losing anything by trying it!

Yeah, the boxes are big but you'll go through a lot if you're having 3-4 a day from 37 weeks onwards, plus it does have benefits after the birth for sure, it's meant to help your uterus shrink back to size! So don't worry that you'll be leftover with any useless tea.
In terms of whether it works though, haha. Don't know. The general consensus is that no one really knows because if a woman takes it and has a fast labour it's impossible to know whether she would've without the tea or not :shrug: as a pp said, can't hurt to take it.
I did in my first pregnancy and I can safely say it didn't work that time :haha: I also had an extremely long and difficult labour. But I'm taking it again this time round because f*ck it, worth a shot haha. Also, there were other reasons I had such a long labour (mainly that baby was OP) and I'll never know if it would've been even longer/harder without the tea or maybe ended in c-sec! So I figure it's worth doing. You get to quite enjoy it after the first few cups anyway. At first I would make it, let it go cold, then just down it like medicine. But now I actually quite look forward to my daily two (soon to be three) cups :)

So I am currently brewing my first cup... lol. I think it smells pretty good so thats nice. Fingers crossed that it helps with labor and after too!

I took raspberry leaf tea capsules for a few weeks from 32 weeks with my second, I started forgetting so didn't keep taking them but I can say that I pushed for 8 minutes compared to 1hr 5m with my first (that ended in forceps). Can't say if it was because she was my second and the first labour was very long and complicated in general and the second was a 'normal' labour or if the capsules helped but I would say there is nothing to lose!

Well, it cant hurt. I think I am going to start out with 2 cups and go from there. Not really sure where to start. At least it tastes good to me but I like these type of teas.

I started on red raspberry leaf tea from roughly 34 weeks with my first - I think just one cup a day initially. By 36ish weeks I believe I increased to 2 cups a day, then “maybe” 3 a day towards the end (but I think I mostly just did 2 strong cups a day).
My labour consisted of my waters breaking at 2am on Wednesday 24th June, but contractions didn’t start till 3:30pm on Wednesday 24th June. I only got back labour (no pain in front), as bub was posterior. Laboured at home with inconsistent contractions for 11ish hours. I ended up leaving for the hospital just after 2am because I started passing HUGE blood clots, so they said to come straight in.
I know at about 3:30am they checked me and I was only around 3-4cm at that point (after 12 hours of labour).
I laboured another 3 hours without any pain relief and then got an epidural at 6:30am. I believe I was around 8cm when I got the epidural, and progressed quite quickly to 10cm by 9am. I had an hour and half of pushing ending up with emergency forceps delivery - my son being born at 10:29am on Thursday 25th June.
So all up I was around 19 hours.

Even though I don’t know that red raspberry leaf tea made any significant difference, I am still drinking it again this time (although I have been heaps more slack this time - havent drank it a lot and I am in the 36 week mark now).

I am starting with 1 Cup this week and will slowly go up to 3cups by 36 weeks.
Although I hate the flavour, for some reason taste like fish!? So weird.

I am starting with 1 Cup this week and will slowly go up to 3cups by 36 weeks.
Although I hate the flavour, for some reason taste like fish!? So weird.

Hmm, not sure about the fishy taste because mine tastes more like a herbal tea than a fruity tea. Maybe its the brand?

I did read that if you let it steep for 10 or more minutes, let it cool off and add ice and sweetener (honey for me) it tastes better. At least I find it to be pretty tasty that way.

I did have to go to one cup as 2 made my stomach hurt and made me nauseous the first day. No side effects since then!

I used it with DD and had a 3 n half hour labour from first contraction.

This time I started drinking 1 cup a day from 34 weeks, will be moving to the tablets from 36 weeks and taking 2 a day. The tablets are more concentrated than the teabags, and I'm not that keen on the tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->