Reduced amniotic fluid levels at 23 weeks

TickleKate

Reaction score
Hi

This is my first post, im just hoping for someone with a similar story who can shed some light on my situation really.

Quick history, I have a 2 year old boy, born healthy and fine at 9lb 3oz and 11 days late. This pregnancy has been normal so far until my anomoly scan at 21+4 where i was told i had reduced fluid levels (AFI was 6.1cm). Returned on Tuesday at (22+5) for another scan and AFI is now 5.1cm. So it has reduced by 1cm in 8 days. They have done a doppler scan on placenta and it appears to be functioning fine. They have checked and re-checked kidneys and these also appear to be fine, the bladder filled up and emptied at the scan. Ive bought Fluid leakage detectors and am not leaking fluid.

Our girl is normal for size wise gestation, i get plenty of kicks in different places, there are no physical anomolies they can detect yet my fluid levels are decreasing. Has anyone any experience of this?

Care plan is to re-scan at 24+1 in a fetal medicine clinic for an in-depth check of all the organs. Also im booked to have steriod injections at 24 weeks.

Any help is much apprieciated :wacko:
Katy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"