Reduced movement, been monitored - help please!

Lovemybump1

Reaction score
I have a very, very active bump. Especially during the evenings. By the time I got into bed last night I realised I hadn't really felt much for hours. The odd kick here and there but nothing like I would usually feel. After drinking cold drinks, changing positions and doing things that I know would usually get bump to kick I was still feeling next to nothing. I contacted the maternity ward and they told me to go in for monitoring. During my 1 hr 15 on monitor I felt 6 small movements/kicks. They were happy with that. The monitor showed the baby was moving about quite a lot. I'm still not happy, though. Last time I was on the monitor for 45 mins for a different reason, I felt over 80 kicks/movements. That is normal for bump.

Why would I not feel what was showing up on the monitor?

Also, the toco showed slight uterus activity. A lot more ups and downs than the last time, which was basically flat. The mw asked if I felt them and to be honest I couldn't so she wasn't worried. They weren't huge ups but it was def movement every 15 mins ish. What could this mean? I'm only 32 weeks so it's too early for that surely? Do you have an increase in uterus activity just before labour starts but it is so mild that you can't feel it?

They sent me home saying everything was fine, but if I noticed sluggish/reduced movement again today I was to in to be monitored again.

Please help!!

Had you done lots yesterday? Sometimes my baby isn't quite as active if I have overdone it during the day. Also my tightenings (which weren't noticeable pain wise until 37 weeks) would be more frequent but not sore. My midwife basically said it indicated muscle fatigue as the uterine wall is basically a muscle and when it gets fatigued through doing too much, you can get muscle spasms like BH.

If in any doubt, go back to the hospital but definitely try to put your feet up today and drink plenty fluids. Hopefully you'll notice an increase in movements.

Thank you. I had been travelling for 4 hours in the car during the day and had been to a christening. I have been feeling braxton hicks for a few weeks, had one during my time on the monitor but that wasn't picked up!

Same things happened to me before... Could have written this...

Firstly... Yes... Baby can move and u not feel it... Even at this late in pregnancy...
Firstly the machine picked it up secondly my dh can put his head on my bump and hear baby squelching and moving and even feel him and I can't sometimes...

Also the small changes in ur uterus are normal... U can get ups and downs on there without any concern at all as long as they're not timed or regular and if u didn't feel them then I wouldn't worry.

If your bubs is still quiet tomoro then def call coz u can never be too careful. .. But from what you've said it sounds like your bub may have gotten into a spot where u can't feel them as much.

Hope that helps

I agree with the PP - if I've had a busier day than normal then I don't feel bubs as much. I'm never sure if its because they're quieter or if I'm just not noticing it because I'm busy.

Try to relax today and see if bubs picks up. If not then definitely go back in.

Thank you guys. You have reassured me a lot more than the mw and doctor did last night. As it happens bump has already been more active this morning. You are probably right and I couldn't feel it because I'd overdone it yesterday so my uterus was tightening without me feeling it! I did comment o the mw yesterday that my stomach was feeling hard and had done for a couple of hours. Today it's feels normal (though I have had a couple of bh!!). Thank you all so much :) :)

i have to be monitored twice a week because i cant feel her movements on the outside. im there riiight now having my monitor,but it kept coming up 'criteria not met' for the whole of the 45mins
so im having to wait in the waiting room and go back on in half hour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->