Reduced movement???

TwoRdue

Reaction score
I will be ringing the midwife in the next couple of hours if know change but I have noticed my lo has had really reduced movement the pass couple of days, he is still moving but know where near what he would normally and its lighter as well. He has gotten even lower into the pelvis and I am also constiapted so not sure if it is related to his movements. I have tightenings here and there that cause a lot of pressure down below and in my back but nothing thats constant. I drink plenty of water so I know its not that. He is also practicing breathing at times and hiccups about twice a day sometimes more.
He still moves juat not as much, is this normal?
Any advise would be great

I was told to go back to the hospital if I felt reduced movements. I would go and get checked out. Worse case is you waste a few hours (and maybe a bit of a co-pay) and are told all is fine.

My OB told me movements would lessen around this time. He said only to call him if I noticed more than a 50% difference. That being said, if I was worried I'd call or go in, and despite what my OB has told me if I feel something is just not right, I'm going in.

I've noticed less. Yesterday I was slightly concerned as I he wasn't moving around as much. I thought that I have been pretty busy over the last couple of days so maybe I just hadn't noticed it (I normally notice as he's running out of room in there!). This morning he has been a lot more active though. So in short, yes, I have noticed movements have reduced, but it's something I just keep an eye on and try not to stress over. I'm trying to trust my instincts as so far they have been correct. If you are genuinely concerned though, it never hurts to get these things checked out. I hope he gives you a few good movements now to put your mind at ease. :hugs:

Thanks ladies. After waiting for a movement all avo I decided to ring the midwife and was tokd to come in but as soon as I hung the ph up he no sooner decided to jump into life?? Really ?? Well ar least I know he ia fine in there and didn't have to go in

Sometimes I worry I have nothing to compare to. Being a first time mom. Who knows what being active is. It's different for every baby right?

My sister thinks that as I have drunk orange juice and eaten oranges on a daily basis and have had none the pass two days may have made him sleepy as I was not having the regular stimulant so have sent the oh to stock me back up

I just had this happen yesterday they sent me to the labor and delivery to have a non stress fetal test and an ultrasound done to make sure everything was looking normal was about an hour long but made me feel better. If your worried go in or call your midwife.

Mine had done this to me a few times through out my pg and I'm sure he does it on purpose. He must get bored in there and winding mummy up passes the time. He did it last night to the point I got
Our Doppler out and this morning after breakfast he started bouncing again. Go figure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->