Reduced movement

jessmke

Reaction score
I am 26 weeks and this past week I have barely felt the baby move. I have felt movement every day, but it's very minimal, prior to this the baby was extremely active. How normal is this? I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so I will see what she says. I have read a lot of threads on here from people who have had reduced movement and everything has turned out fine, so I guess I am looking for some positive stories!

My doctor has never mentioned counting kicks before so I don't know when I am supposed to be concerned about this.

when I spoke to my midwife about reduced movements she said you should start counting them from 28 weeks.
I think count the kicks say 24 weeks is when you'll start to notice a pattern in baby's movements.
they have a FB page.
chances are if you phoned your midwife she wouldn't do anything as you have doctors tomorrow anyway. Do mention it to your doctor though, all they can do at this stage is listen in with a Doppler

If you have any reduced movement call the hospital. They will have you in for monitoring. Everything will probably be fine but better to be safe. I had been feeling my baby move lots then for 3 days I felt only slight movements. I went in to be monitored and baby is fine but they said I should have called as soon as I noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->