Reduced movements?

Catmumof4

Reaction score
Hi all I'm coming over a few days early to ask for some advice. This is baby number 7 and I have fibromyalgia which causes widespread pain etc past few weeks iv been in and out of hospital querying pains etc but they were quite rude when I went in on Thurs for contraction type pains. Test for pre labour was negative which is good but still getting those pains, but now I'm having another episode of reduced movements. I'm still feeling her move but nowhere near as much as normal. I'm getting more and more upset by not knowing what to do and being afraid of wasting there time! Any advice would be greatfully received!!! Xxx

Sorry you are going through that! My midwife always encouraged me to get checked out anytime something did not feel right, she said only you can know what is normal for your baby, if anything at all with movements etc is out of the ordinary it's better to get checked just in case. I think you should go in, try to ignore their rudeness at least you can get some peace of mind x

Try to ignore how rude they are. I had a similar experience with nurses treating me badly when I went in with my first daughter at 27 weeks because of pain. They tried to tell me it was Braxton Hicks and were about to discharge me until the radiologist told them my cervix had shortened and that I needed to go and get checked out at a different hospital. The hospital imwasl only 30 minutes away and by the time I got there I was already 3 cm dilated. Reduced movement is always something to get checked out even if it turns out to be nothing. Give me staring at

Definitely get checked out and try not to let their rudeness bother you. Their rudeness is their own stuff to deal with. Hoping everything is OK :hugs:

Thanks everyone going to have a lie down and see if these pains end, if not will ring up x

Any episodes of reduced movement - pain or not should be checked! Definitely ring

Ah sweet if ure having reduced movement I wud definitely get checked out. I've been told any reduced movements I need to tell them strait away.

Ignore the rudness. I don't know why they get snotty it's there job.
But at the end of the day you and your baby come first not them and there attitude.

As u know I had pre Dominal labour from 29 to 37 weeks with DS and I went in hospital a few times. I was told they wud rather us go in and be checked than not.

Try having a cold sweet drink or a ice lolly that usually gets my little one going..
If still nothing then I wud just give them a ring. They will probably get u in to be monitored.

Hey all my oh demanded I went and got seen this morning just got home! After 20mins on the ctg she woke up and went bonkers lol!! Naturally that embarrassed me!! They were just as awful as last time I went and tried telling me the cocodamol I take (because I have fibromyalgia and need something to help with the chronic pain side of things) is making the problem worse. I tried explaining that when not pregnant I am on loads of different meds that I can't now take and have stopped them so I just need the 1 medication that I only take when the pain is awful and she just basically told me I'm making my baby addicted to codeine and that I should think about her!! I have been on codeine for the last 3 pregnancies I know how awful it is and she made me cry being so rude about it. Then tried saying I should see the bloody mental health team!!! I said I'm not suffering the depression

Im in pain and she reluctantly prescribed me some buscopan to help with the contraction type pains! So I'm happy to be home!!

Can you see anyone but them? Mental health cant help your baby's needs if the meds are the cause. They need to look at the whole picture and not just that your baby kicked around a bit. Hate that you are going through this. You have every right to be concerned. Their rudeness...dont let it stop you from going back time and again. A mom knows. Hugs

@FTale thank u for your support. I hate that they treat women this way but I suppose they become desensitized because they see it all day every day x

Oh man. They sound like jerks trying to guilt you. I am happy all is well as you were able to get some new medicine that will hopefully help. And yes always get checked if you don’t feel something is right. I had a very rude nurse my first pregnancy too, some people are just rude

Iv been ok this afternoon. Had some pains but not nearly as many and baby is moving so all in all ok.... just stupidly hot!! X

Maybe talk with your OB and see if there's any other pain medications that you can take besides the codeine?

Good that the cobtrpain has subsided. Hopefully hotflashes will pass. Are they normal for you doing pregnancy? Hormonal changes wil for sure do it. Hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->