reduced movements

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
hey girlies,

i was wondering what would count as dangerously reduced movements, i know that obv reduced movements is an individual thing cos it depends on how much u felt the baby move before but i wondered when it became a serious problem

so, last week i went into hospital cos my baby hadnt been moving much for a few days, they put me on the monitor and said everything was fine and she was just having a lazy day, but the problem is, she still hasnt moved much since then, so can she have a lazy week? and how long can it go on until it is a problem?

i am debating whether to go to the hospital again but we will have to get taxi there and back and we are poor, obv if it is dangerous for the baby i will go but if i will just get put on the monitor again id rather stay home

what do u all think?

thanks

xxx

im not really sure, i guess if its less than 5-10 times a day?

sorry hun, give ur midwife a quick ring and she can advise u :) :hugs:

yeh i think i better had, she is moving at least some every day but it is like...5 little pokes in one whole day, i just dont think thats enough is it?

x

to me that doent sound like a lot. if its alot less than she can do, might be best to def ring them. they wont mind, it is there job after all lol
:hugs:

I had this at the end of pregnancy with DS 2.
They sent me home first time,but when I went back they wanted to keep me in and monitor me there.
I ended up staying in a week and my due date was almost there so they asked me did I want to be induced.
My baby was only moving twice maximum a day and thats why.
I would ring midwife and ask her and she will tell you whether you should go up or wait.

With me it was that DS used to be very active then went very quiet so thats why they kept me in to be safe.

yeh thats what mine like, i first felt her move at 16 weeks and even then it was more than 5 times a day so its just bit worrying that shes suddenly dropped her movements...her kicks seem to have gotten a LOT weaker aswell, like last week i was complaining cos i had bruises all over my insides lol and now i hardly even know shes there :( OH says as long as her heartbeat is ok she is fine, is this true?

xxx

Yes DR's told me that the heartbeat is what they wanted to check and if that was strong and the rate they wanted then that was ok.
It could be also that she hasn't as much room to move around now too?
My DR said they can also get into a comfy position and because not much room you feel reduced movements.

If her heartbeat is fine and it sounds like they were happy with it or they wouldnt have sent you home then she is fine xxx
Still rinf midwife though for peace of mind and to let them know everything too.

oh well thats good anyway, i have a doppler and checked her heartbeat last night and it was faster than its ever been and sounded strong...ok so i will still phone but i am at least bit less worried now

thanks hun

xxx

Aww thats good news then hun xxx
My sons was dipping now and then so thats why they had me in.

Try not to worry,she is probably got into a very comfy spot in there (((hugs)))

I bet you anything she is simply just running ou of room. You have a tiny frame so no wonder! I wouldn't worry.

I have been to hospital this morning cause of reduced movement. Alls I'm getting now is little flutters. I might get one strong push every now and again. But it's normal later on in pregnancy. I would ring the midwife just to make sure though. Anything to do with movements, don't leave it. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->