Redundant :(

kintenda

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
Further to my post a couple of weeks back, I was selected for redundancy today :cry: amongst others.
Luckily they are giving me notice until the 30th of Sep, and I am not expected to work it out... which is nice of them. I understand things like this have to be done.
Trying to be all positive - this is a good time for a life change! I have wanted to apply for nurse training for ages so I may see if I can make a late application for this year, failing that I will get any job possible and apply for next year.
It was really sad today. Everyone at my work place really gets on & quite a lot of us were made redundant so there were tears from those leaving and those staying.
One requests some splendiforous e-hugs please!!
xxx

Hi, we don't really know each other but :hugs: I'm guessing you'll look back one day and say, "Thank goodness I lost my job back in August of '09, 'cause otherwise I might not be doing what I love now :)

Hi Kintenda, really sorry to hear the news. Will this affect your plans to TTC? Massive hugs, and hope this proves to be the start of great things to come. Chin up!

You've got the right attitude, hon - it's an opportunity to follow an even better path. Still hard news to get, though! :hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: I hope this is a change for the good good luck with everything :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hugs:

I was in an almost identical situation about 8 weeks ago hun and I just kept thinking it was all going to end up in a huge mess.

The reality has been that I ended up with 3 fantastic job offers on the table, was technically never out of work - had a weeks holiday booked anyway and so took it but that was it - and have ended up with more money, better package, happier at work and with a nice healthy redundancy settlement in the bank.

After the first day or two of feeling shocked and worried I decided to turn it into a positive and it really has been that.

I hope, and am sure that, it will be the same for you :hugs:

xxx

hunni i am sending you such big hugs :hugs:
Maybe this is the start of something new, kinda like the situation Pops was in
Keep thinking positive hun
x

:hugs: When one door closes, another opens. Good luck in your future endeavours hun.

Sucks they say "selected for redundancy"... "selected for" makes it sound so exciting :growlmad:

Thanks girls :)
OH & I kind of mentally prepared ourselves but it was still a big shock. TBH I could have sat in the job for a good few yrs because the money was good etc. However, I feel like this has kind of made my mind up for me in terms of applying for nurse training next September, as there's a plan up there for everone!! I was a bit frightened about how we would survive etc on the pay cut but actually, on reflection, it'll be ok! So I will try and find a good job but I will just take pretty much anything (with some obvious exceptions!!) for the meantime.
At the moment TTC will have to depend on financial security & mat package etc, but I am going to try & shelve the broodiness so that I can make the right decisions for our long term future. I have to place trust in some kind of being that we will have a family when it is right. So for the moment, the ticker stays.
Off to job centre today! Got five applications off already (pre-planned a little before it actually happened) so I feel a little bit more prepared than I would have done!
:D You're all so lovely :D
Katie x

I was a bit frightened about how we would survive etc on the pay cut but actually, on reflection, it'll be ok! So I will try and find a good job but I will just take pretty much anything (with some obvious exceptions!!) for the meantime.

Be prepared to take anything-shop work, waitressing, cleaning etc. There's not a lot available at the mo. I can tell you that lots of people I know are having to settle for min wage!

I'm so sorry to hear you've been made redundant. I do hope something comes up for you soon. Sounds like you've made a good start with job applications already!

K xx

aww hun :hugs: it's a horrible situation to be in. It's good that you thinking so positively about it. Fingers crossed that you get into the nursing training, this could be a really good thing for you.

It must have been really hard saying goodbye to everyone :cry:

Take care lovely xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"