refered to dietitian

bubblz82

Reaction score
I had started slimming world 2 weeks before a got my positive. From start date I have been up and down. Now I am 11weeks I have 1lbsince start date. I have been finding healthy foods hard to eat but the last week I have been trying extra hard. I am now getting help at group as people know. I am worried about going to dietitian. I really wanyt to be healthy for my little one. Any one else with dietitian? What do I expect?

I have seen my dietitian twice in my pregnancy. She doesn't really do a lot right now but there in case you get diabetes, then I have to see her a lot more. I get my test results around Christmas so hoping they aren't positive as I love Christmas food! She's basically say cut back on things, eat healthy, portion control, etc which your learning anyway at slimming world. If I don't get a positive then she'll just go away and leave me be. I didn't get any last time and I was 20stones then, so hoping that it will be fine this time to.

start keeping a food diary, they will probably want you to do one so they can see what you're eating, when, how much etc. MyFitnessPal is really good, it tracks your exercise, too.

eating healthily is more than just food choices, it's about portion control, too. portion sizes that people are used to these days are rather bigger than back in the post-war rationing days and you can see that if you just compare the sizes of dinner plates from then and now. austerity hasn't yet affected people's plates, but perhaps it ought to. you can eat less without "going hungry".

low-calorie doesn't have to mean a tiny dinner either - sub sweet potato mash for white potato mash, use quorn sausages instead of pork, and add a heap of petit pois to the mash before pouring on 70ml gravy - you're looking around 400 cals and it's a bloody decent sized meal.

try not to be nervous at the dietician's, and take notes if you can. it's amazing what you forget afterwards and it's not from lack of paying attention, there's usually just a lot to take in.

good luck hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->