Reflux has returned at 6 months! Help

woodr

first time mum
Reaction score
Really need some help

My ds is just over 6 months and had reflux from birth and was on aptimil comfort and gaviscon however around 4-5 months we gradually took him off the meds and was fine however in the last few weeks he as started being sick throughout the day not loads but enough- changing him about 4 times a day and carpet is a mess!

He coughs a lot and also spits up in his mouth a lot too.
Sometimes he enjoys his food others just shakes his head or gets really upset we have put it down to him not wanting sit still as very active however just thought he could be in pain, he does enjoy finger foods however not keen on doing blw I do give him lots of finger foods though .

He has dropped his bottles to just 2 6oz bottles a day so been giving yogurts, cheese and put milk in with his breakfast and custard for desert to get milk in his diary however just been reading dairy could make worse. .

We have also put him on follow on milk could this of made it worse? He does still let out random cries in his sleep however sleeping through in last 3 weeks so scared of changing anything however this can't continue!

It doesn't help that he won't sit still!
Anyone any advice for me? What meds could he have alongside food? X

he can still have the gaviscon. my LO was on it until about 14 months.

i found its liquids that make it worse. so purees etc were out of the question & apart from her morning cereal the rest of her foods were finger foods.

it could also be the change in formula.
write a food diary for 2 weeks & also write down times he is being sick. Then try & link them together. for us milk stood out straight away so she was back on the gaviscon with her milk. xx

Hi

Thanks for the reply spoke with doc who has said put bk on gaviscon and see how he goes, will do food diary aswell!

Finger foods just stress me out!

Thanks for your help x

hopefully the gaviscon will help. what is it about finger foods that stress you out? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->