reflux : (

Shri

Reaction score
Poor little Oscar. We have had quite a time since he was born with inconsolable crying... last weekend his poo looked weird so we called the doc and long story short ended up in the pediatric intensive care unit for three days! He had a barrage of tests and has been diagnosed with reflux and presribed Zantac. :cry:

Some days are better than others but I am a complete wreck. It took me ages to recover from this weird reaction I had to the morphine during my c-section and I've had the baby blues really really bad eversince, probably because I get so little sleep. The average max amount of sleep I get in 24 hours is 3. and that is not consecutive. Oscar won't nap in his crib, only in the sling or our arms and he is really really fussy at night. Mostly I am sad to see him in pain.

Has anyone else got any experience with reflux????

hi there Hermione has reflux. we are waiting to see the pediatrition as the medicine the doc is able to prescribe doesnt work.

Some days shes fine others she is really bad. she can be sick, although her medication reduces this. she bring up the acid around 2-3 hours after she has eaten. some days she cant sleep because she has what i can only describe as wet burps, where she cant keep her stomach contents down it comes in her throat and cant make her cry as the acid sits there.

Anyway im here if you ever need to chat i know some times is so hard. some good advice for you: SMA have just released a reflux milk called staydown you can get it in boots we are about to try this. Keeping hermione upright for 30 mins after feeding helps. holding her belly down on my arm and rocking her helps when she is crying because of the pain. oh and her crib has had one end put on books to make it tilt, this helps her to sleep through the night as when it is flat she gets so sick pools of milk collect beneath the mattress, yuk.

its just rough i hope the hospital will issue us with zantac as its supposed to really help. good luck it sounds like it has ben a rough time.

Along with many other problems Niamh has just being diagnosed with a reflux. She has had episodes of stopping breathing and its now thought that this is because of the reflux. We have started gaviscon today and see a paediatrician at the end of the month. I feel so guilty for not realising earlier, i presumed babies were sick if they had a reflux, but aparently not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->