Refuses to nap in crib or bed!

ChocolateC

Reaction score
My DS is just turning 3 months old and REFUSES to sleep in a crib or even bed during the day. He still insists on being held, or falls asleep in a carrier. On very rare occasions he'll fall asleep in the car but mostly he cries in the carseat.

I watch for sleep cues, nurse him until he's drowsy, put him in a nice quiet crib...he wakes up. Every. Single. Time.

I've tried waiting until he's asleep and then putting him down. No luck. I've tried lying next to him in bed. He drifts off for 2 minutes, then snaps awake. I sing to him, pat him, etc. Doesn't work. I try sleep associations like singing the same lullaby, nursing in the same place at the same time, etc. No luck.

He's an angel at night. Goes down easily, sleeps 8-9 hours without waking, feeds, sleeps a bit more. Maybe it's fate that if you get a good night sleeper then he's a bad daytime sleeper, and other way around?!

My DD was also hard to put down in a crib but not THIS hard.

Help!

No help, but I can empathize. I'm still holding my 5 month old for naps.

I hold my almost 3 monther for naps too. She was fine at night and sleeping thru... until last night :( ...

Hiya, I was going to post the same thing. My nearly 3 month old doesn't nap either. He is BF an falls asleep whilst eating but then when I put him down (after a feed) he wakes within 5-10 mins. I have my two older girls to look after, 6 an 2yrs an I'm constantly on the go trying to do things within that time. I don't know what to do but I feel your pain

I feel a bit ashamed saying this as I feel a bit of a failure but my 9 month old naps on a pillow on my lap. I tried to get him in his crib yesterday and failed. To me the failed crib naps stress me out too much, it's just not worth the frustration and anxiety. Not having a break from baby all day sucks as well though. I don't get to do meal prep or much cleaning done.

I'm the same way. The stress of trying is too much. I dud try today after she was lap sleeping for an hour, I put her in her crib and she slept another hour there.

My baby won't go to the crib during naps or bedtime unless she is walked/rocked or nursed to sleep.

My DD napped on me until she was 7 months. She slept in the sling so I could still get jobs done, play with DS etc.

I think that's pretty par for the course when it comes to babies (at least some babies anyway). All the advice doesn't help either, like using a hot water bottle to warm their bed, raise the head end up, make sure they are deeply asleep first etc etc. I find it very hard to get Emma to sleep anywhere that's not on me.

I feel a bit ashamed saying this as I feel a bit of a failure but my 9 month old naps on a pillow on my lap. I tried to get him in his crib yesterday and failed. To me the failed crib naps stress me out too much, it's just not worth the frustration and anxiety. Not having a break from baby all day sucks as well though. I don't get to do meal prep or much cleaning done.

I held and then co-slept with my oldest for naps until he was like 18 months or something. I felt a lot of guilt for a long time, but really, he got sleep, I got to read a lot, and you only get snuggles for so long. He's 3 now and is a tremendous napper. He'll put himself down for naps sometimes!

At 9 months, your baby has just now been outside as long as he was growing inside of you. Of course he prefers snuggling and staying close!

The poddle pod or sleepyheads are supposed to mimic being held. Ds2 loves his poddle pod and sleeps well in his (when ds1 isn't being too noisy!) xx

I just let mine do it they grew out of it, gave me a rest too. Got netflix on in back ground. Its a good bonding time too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->