Refusing milk - worried!

clairec81

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I know i've been on already about my LO's poor weight gain and low milk intake and your advice as always has reassured me. I'm looking for some more advice though - over the last 3 days my LO has reduced her milk intake by quite a bit and in the last 24 hours is basically pushing the bottle out with her tongue! She is still looking for her feed and is obviously hungry but as soon as the bottle goes in she 'complains'. I got worried this morning and took her to the doctors and he gave her a good check over and found nothing obviously wrong putting it down to recovering from her recent cold and losing her appetite - i'm not convinced. She doesn't have a temp, is alert and playful and nothing is screaming out at me but i'm really beginning to panic - she's so small and i dont want her getting any smaller! Any advice please! Thanks as always

Has she got wet nappies? Could she have reflux?

Yeah wet and dirty nappies so sure she's not dehydrated - yet! Checked her soft spot too and its not sunk in - someone told me that was a sign. Don't think she has reflux as not being sick but thought about silent reflux so tried her on Gaviscon last week but her amounts dropped and she was very constipated! it's more like she doesn't want it in her mouth?

It does sound like silent reflux, I must say, but I'm only going by what happened with Alex! She didnt want bottles near her at one point, so we changed to different shaped teats (NUK) and gave up Gaviscon for SMA Staydown, and she was no longer constipated.

:( I wish I could help more Claire!

PS. If you like, you are welcome to join us for the 5K run for Bliss in Edinburgh on July 25th x

Thanks for the advice! Think i'll contact her dietician today and see what she says. Can you but SMA Staydown over the counter or is it prescription only? Thanks again for the reply!

Its over the counter in boots and large tescos, but you may get it under prescription, if you just ask!

Have you tried her with a cup? Obviously it's too soon as a long term solution, but it might get something into her.

Abby went through this, with the snuffly nose etc, I just kept offering her the boob and let her take as much as she wanted.

If there are no other sighs, I really would stop worrying. There is plenty time for her to make up the weight gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->