Refusing the breast but taking ebm

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
My LO has been incredibly fussy all evening, screaming and wailing. Normally she cluster feeds in the evening so I've offered the boob repeatedly, but she just cried and cried. Got some wind up but she still cried, changed her nappy, gave her a bath, put her in the wrap, rocked her whilst stood up with my hand holding her underneath, tried swaddling her to get her off to sleep. Finally, my hubby gave her a 4oz bottle, which she took 3oz of and she's fine, she's gone off sound to sleep. Why wouldn't she take it from the boob though? I've not noticed anything off about her feeding during the day :shrug: She has been having a bottle of ebm in the evening around 8 for the last 4 or 5 days because for a couple of days we were staying with my parents and they wanted to feed her. Could it be that she's got so used to having a bottle in the evening she's refusing the breast? Last night she devoured 4oz at 8pm but still cluster fed til 10.45pm :wacko: I'm really confused and with my stupid-arse husband suggesting stuff like my milk is sour or the flows not fast enough and she wants it quickly I don't know what to think :cry: Anybody know what could be wrong? :flower:

Sometimes my Lo is too tired and can't be bothered with the effort of boob lol so he has ebm
Maybe you were a little stressed.and Lo picked up on it?

Sorry can't really answer , just maybe if it happens tomorrow you should just offer boob incase it is getting a habit. X

Ps, don't listen to your hubby! X

A baby will guzzle down milk from a bottle because it just flows into their mouth. It's not necessarily a reflection of how hungry they are.

Personally, I'd stop offering the EBM in a bottle and feed directly for a few nights. Your hubby is sort of correct, as in bottles do flow faster than boobs and babies can get lazy if a bottle is introduced. They have to work so much harder to breastfeed (which benefits their jaw development apparently) and they'll stop when theyre full, not just when the bottle is empty, which teaches them not to over eat.

Keep offering her the breast and follow her lead. If she's hungry, she'll let you know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->