Reggie Isaac - Born 04/11/09

moomoo

Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!
Reaction score
Sorry its taken me ages - we've had a hectic few weeks and haven't really had time!!

Born 04/11/09 - A day early
Weight - 7lb1oz
Length - 50 cm
HC - 36 cm

I'd been having BHs on and off for the past 6 weeks and sometime pretty regular, so i guess i was pretty much in denial that i was in labour!! I was chatting to Toots on MSN and i asked her to keep track of my BHs as i'd been getting them for a couple of hours and they seemed quite regular. She told me they were coming every 7 mins..but some were 12 mins apart too (which made me think it wasnt labour!) I decided to get some sleep and see how i felt in the morning.

Woke up at 2.30 in the morning in a bit more pain and felt a tiny trickle down there - thought i'd leaked a bit of wee lol and went to the loo, and there was a slight smudge of orangey cm (i'm guessing the start of my plug?) went downstairs and got on Facebook and was chatting to another friend who was on her nightshift. Told her what was happening and she said it def sounded like labour and to ring the ward. Phoned the ward and they said to get a bath, and call back at 8 if still the same or worse.

Woke up OH and told him i thought i was in labour and was getting a bath - he went and got the stopwatch, bless him and the contractions were coming every 3 mins and starting to take my breath away..rang back the ward and they told me to come in.

After what felt like the longest, bumpiest journey there we got to the ward at 8am and they settled me into my room and put on some aromatherapy oils in a burner and gave my OH some to rub in my back. Then at about 12 i asked for some gas and air which was pretty good at that point! Although i found it difficult to get the hang of to get it working during my contraction. The MW examined me and OMFG that was more painful than the whole of the rest of my labour!! Jesus, i nearly kicked her in the head! 4cm and she went to fill up the birthing pool!! :thumbup:

Got in the birthing pool and it was lush! Really hot and relaxing..relaxed me sooo much that i didnt dialate in the whole time i was in there. MW had to bribe me out of there with a shot of pethedine!!

Got out of the pool and MW broke my waters..OMG how much water!!? I swear it full on gushed for about 10 mins!! :shrug: By now the contractions were coming very quickly and all in my back too :wacko: ouch!!! The pethedine wasnt working very well and i asked for an epidural about 50 times ( i was in a MW led unit so it was out of the question lol) Also asked for another shot of pethadine, which she said i couldnt have as baby was nearly here!! :happydance:

I started to feel the urge of needing a poo (didnt realise thats what it was me needing to push) and after what felt like only 3 pushes, my lil man was plonked onto my chest..he didnt cry, but looked up at his mum and dad with his big beady eyes!! I had a bit or a sureal moment for a little while, like it happened to someone else! lol :haha:

I suffered a 2nd degree tear, and i swear it took longer for her to sew me up than it did to push him out! I asked her what she was doing - she said putting in a zip! :haha::haha:

Xxx

Ahh, what a great birth Reggie had:baby:

I see you had him at midwife led unit, was it at Musgrove?

Congrats, he looks lovely x

OMG he is gorgeous and I LOVE his name!! Congrats!!xxxx

congrats :D i'm in somerset too, was this at bracken? how did u find overall experience there x

congratulations hun, you done great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->